Loving the New Plans!

I just wanted to give credit for the awesomeness of the new plans. At first, I was skeptical that they would work, given that they don’t necessarily build in TSS, but definitely do build in terms of level progressions.

So far, what I’ve noticed is that for the first time in as long as I can remember, I feel like I’m able to nail the workouts, and that they are challenging but doable, without crushing me. And that is key, I don’t feel like I’m continually in a fatigue hole, just trying to hang on for dear life just to complete the workouts!

I think TR is truly on to something. Sure, TSS still has it’s place, but I think that it’s not necessarily the best metric to track progression and is a bit of a red-herring, potentially leading to overtraining if that is the main driver in a plan’s progression. I think this level progression numbers are far better for structuring the progression of workouts within a plan.

If nothing else, the fact that the new plans are built around progression levels and not necessarily TSS has made the workouts much more in the category of ‘challenging but doable’ and thus have made them SO much more fun! An honestly, at the end of the day, that’s what it’s all about!

Stoked indeed!

20 Likes

I totally agree but for me, TrainNow is the even better improvement. Need extra time off, no problem. Need to do the longer workout today rather than the weekend, no problem. Going away for the weekend and not sure where to start back up, NO PROBLEM!

Loving it.

The workouts and progressions seem to be pretty solid for me so far.

Downside, it seems like many of the new workouts don’t have instructional text/coaching. I really like the coaching to get you through some of the tougher intervals.

Agreed! Also another great addition to the toolbox!

Totally agree, I noticed the same thing. But with so many new workouts I’m sure they are actively working on it!

1 Like