Let's see your paincave!

Used to have that particular beezer. Looking at building my Norton Cafe Racer, had the parts since 1969. Go figure!

2 Likes

Very nice! Good to see another motorcycle rider using the space for anything 2 wheels. :slight_smile: I don’t have as many motorcycles as you, more regular bicycles but hoping to equal motor and non-motor!! :joy:

1 Like

16 Likes

(n+1)^2

1 Like

Bitchin’ Guzzi!!

2 Likes

Awesome lights there!

20200413_184437

Enjoy this thread heaps so here’s my pain cave. Busy with 4 TR accounts in the family. TR group workouts before group workouts were a thing. :slightly_smiling_face:

Possibly the only Wahoo Skir?

Keep safe everyone.

12 Likes

Nice setup. Do you feel a difference between the Direto (I have one) and the Suito? We’re planning to get a second turbo trainer and we’re thinking between one of these.

There is a bit of a difference, but not a ton. I’ve been happy with the Suito and would purchase it again.

We bought the Suito as our second trainer mostly for the easy portability and the relatively low cost (when factoring in that it comes with a cassette). That part has truly been nice - it folds almost completely flat and doesn’t take up nearly as much space to store as the Direto. Although it’s not as substantial feeling as the Direto, I haven’t noticed any instability or anything that you might think would be an issue with the more compact size.

I don’t know how to really articulate this, but the erg mode did initially feel different than the Direto. Like the Suito responds to changes in intensity differently than the Direto. Not slower or worse, just different. Now that I’ve been on the Suito exclusively for several months, I don’t notice it.

I bought this unit in December 2019, so not right after it came out and didn’t notice any of the firmware issues that others had. I will say though that the flywheel is a bit out of true, and the trainer emits an occasional knocking sound (kind of like a cassette body engaging too abruptly, but it doesn’t come from the cassette). The flywheel doesn’t cause any oscillation for me, or bother me, but I could see that being a testament to the unit’s potential lack of quality and durability. The knock seems harmless.

I’ve been happy with the purchase, but caveat emptor. I will also note that I am not an obsessive, engineer-type that seems well represented among TR users, so the quibbles I mentioned could be a big deal to others.

*edited for clarity

2 Likes

Ooh! I have one. We maintain a binding love/hate relationship.

6 Likes

19 Likes

That’s awesome.

Love the walls. Is that heat insulation or sound insulation?

1 Like

does that wall covering deaden the sound pretty well? It certainly looks cool

Sounds foam from amazon $20 a box 3 boxes; hang with Scotch 77 spray adhesive. Spray on foam and place. Comes off easy if you want to remove or move it.

originally got to deaden the sound from 2 Wahoo Kickr Gen 1’s. Worked perfectly.

3 Likes

Fan os on front to the right not in front of the stand

Thank you for the reply

Where can I find that desk? Neat :+1:

I believe this is it

1 Like

Not sure if it’s already been posted, but these will either make you feel really good about your PC or really bad: