Let‘s talk dogs

My Sophie (Bouvier) died 2 days ago. :frowning:

Also I failed last workout…just didnt have the mental strength to fight both VO2max and sadness.

This is hard. Just thought I’d share. Sorry. Big hugs to all who are going through the same.

8 Likes

you can get her a husky. they are so loyal and friendly.

I’m really sorry to hear about your loss. Take the time away from the bike to grieve. You lost someone very close to you.

Woodson and Bodhi are sending comfort your way.

5 Likes

I’ve had tens of dogs growing up, generally big dogs - dobermans, rottweilers, mastiffs… A poodle, loved them alll but shout out to my pit bull for being the sweetest, gentlest, funniest dog I’ve ever had! Obviously all dogs are different but I think I’d get staffys or pit bulls for the rest of my days! I’m not sure about being a trial dog but pit bulls make great running partners and have great stamina :slight_smile:

3 Likes

German short-haired pointers! Smart, active, but also called “velcro-dogs” because they always love to be around their people.

4 Likes

Our 12 week old Sprocker pup, Romi, hopefully many mountain hikes to look forward to in the future :grinning:

4 Likes

Pair of Berners here… not exactly trail dogs… or summer dogs for that matter. But when the snow flies, it’s hard to get them inside! Also, the shedding is REAL!

6 Likes

@LarrytheStanimal and @Sean_B Sean_B. We had two Berners, too. Our oldest Berner was the best dog in the world. He was 13 years old and we had to put him down a few days ago. I feel blessed we had him as long as we did but upset we could didn’t have him another 13 years. I want to get to over being sad, but feel guilty in doing so. Good luck in the grieving process. And @Sean_B, enjoys the dogs! And I agree, the shedding. Good thing they only shed once a year. And by that, I mean the entire year.

2 Likes

Wow, 13 years! That’s a long time for this breed! We had an Old English Sheepdog that we had to put down a few years ago… putting down a family member is gut wrenching, and all you can really do is remember that they loved their time with you and your family. :heart:

1 Like

This is Tilly, our 14 month old Golden Retriever/hippopotamus.

Hoping to try some canicross with her soon but she’s still a little too young. She is completely mad though and wants to be everyone’s best friend, so need to get that under control so she doesn’t kill anyone on the trail.

8 Likes

Typical retriever :laughing:

1 Like

So cute! I love naughty dogs, the kind who roll in mud right after they’ve had a bath. They are so infuriating but also so wonderful I forgive them lol

1 Like

Wonder if loving mud is a golden trait? I have a goldendoodle and she absolutely loves getting dirty :rofl:

1 Like

I am a giant dog lover and love them all, but Golden Retrievers are special. They love everyone and just want to be everyone’s friend.

2 Likes

We have a huntaway crossed with who knows how many other things. Her name is Moose, she’s very large and sheds a lot but she’s a great trail dog as long as there’s water around for her to cool down.

4 Likes

Shimano released this video some time ago. Kind of made me think that even quite unlikely breeds can do well on trails. I have two cockapoos and would have never thought to take them with me before, but I’ve tried it last year and they love it!

So far we just did a few chill rides with my gf, one hour at easy pace seems to be enough for cockapoo stamina :slight_smile: but I’m definitely planning to do a bit more of trail training come spring.

3 Likes

My buddy of 15 years. Super smart, wickedly funny, very manipulative. Said goodbye last July. Miss him every day

10 Likes

Our pack. It’s a constant struggle to prevent my wife from bringing more dogs back from the shelter.

We’re lucky these dogs are pretty low maintenance and don’t require much more than a few short walks a day for exercise.

The food and vet bills…well they are what they are.

6 Likes

Alex and Nero. Posted without further comment:

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Labrador, as I think, can be a good choice for you. However, bear in mind, that these dogs need attention. They are very energized. But they are good companions.

Anyway, I believe that the choice you will make – will be right :3

3 Likes