Kickr Snap vs Core

Been on my 2018 Snap for 6-7 months, first power meter / smart trainer experience. All good. I go 2 full turns on an 80psi 28mm tire and I get bit of tire squeal while the tire warms up, then it’s fine, no slip. Biggest observation: 200W ERG mode on the small ring feels like more effort than ERG 200W on the large ring. Maybe 10W more?

Yup, many people experience that.

1 Like

Great! My FTP just went up!!

2 Likes

I have a new core bought in late 2019. I love the device, generally works beautifully but I have to challenge the idea that it’s easy to switch from trainer to road (even though I haven’t actually done that in the dead of winter). When I first connected mine to the trainer, I had to adjust the front der limits and the rear indexing all because the cassette position on the core differed ever so slightly from my rear wheel’s hub. This means for me to throw the wheel back on the back and “just ride” is a bit unrealistic since I will need to inevitably need to retune both derailleurs. Has anyone else had similar issues and are there ways to prevent this inconsistency?

Hello DHellman,
I know this thread is little old but I live in NCA as well and just recently my electronics went on my PowerBeam Pro. Do you still have your PowerBeam and would you be willing to part it? I’m just looking for either resistance unit or just the circuit board.
Please let me know, love to hear from you.
Thanks

Iceman, I’m so sorry… I gave my PBP to a friend, who has moved out of state… I can see if she is using it, and if not, I could see if she would be willing to send you the resistance unit or circuit board. I’m not sure if she is riding bikes now, as I think she’s restarted riding horses.

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. That would be great if you could ask her if she is still using it.
Thanks again

1 Like