Ipad issue w/ bluetooth

I have a 6th generation ipad that connects all my devices via bluetooth fine on Zwift. If I try to use the TR app it shows that the BT in not on in the ipad (it is) and it wont let me turn the button on. Anny ideas?

Well duh…emailed support and the TR app didnt have permissions set to use BT.

3 Likes

Hey @craigmanning!

I’m so glad that Support were able to point you in the right direction! In future, here are my some things to try when you are having trouble with Bluetooth.

• To use TrainerRoad, you need to be on iPad 5th Generation (2017) or newer. It sounds like you are all good there!

• Fully restart your iPad - This way, we’re making sure that no errors are happening due to the device being on for a long time.

• Then, make sure Bluetooth is enabled for the TrainerRoad app - Sometimes, Bluetooth won’t be enabled due to the permission not being enabled for the app. Luckily, we can rectify this by switching it on. Let me show you what I mean.

1. Go to Settings (the Settings app on your iOS device, not on TrainerRoad)
  2. Scroll down to TrainerRoad (should be at the very bottom) and open it.
  3. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled. If not, switch it on.
  • Then, please check your iPad’s Bluetooth System Settings.
    - On your iPad, go to Settings> Bluetooth> Double-check that Bluetooth is enabled (toggled green).

• While you are here, please make sure that your devices are not paired to your iPad’s Bluetooth Settings.

• Bluetooth devices can only pair to one receiver at a time so if they are paired to your iPad’s internal Bluetooth settings or any other app/ device, they will struggle to pair to the TrainerRoad app on your iPad.
  • In the same way, make sure that your devices are not paired to the Zwift app. They won’t be able to pair to TrainerRoad and Zwift simultaneously via Bluetooth. If you do wish to use TrainerRoad and Zwift at the same time, please check out this article: How to run Zwift and TrainerRoad Simultaneously.

• Likewise, close out all other apps. To do this on your iPad:

1. From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen.
  2. Swipe up on the app’s preview to close the app.
  3. Do this for all open apps.

Those steps should help in the future!