🎉🎉🎉 Introducing Plan Builder! 🎉🎉🎉

I’m trying to change my specialty block while the plan is already in my calendar and when I toggle the specialty block it says its SSBMVI and not the road race specialty plan. The workouts are the RR plan but the toggle is not.
InkedCapture_LI

This is a bug that we think was introduced yesterday with some of our changes around block editing; while we fixed a lot of other bugs, some annotations are now opening a non-corresponding block for editing. We are working on resolving this.

In the meantime, you can probably click some other block annotations until you find one that opens the specialty block for editing. Sorry about that. :frowning:

1 Like

it would be great if we could chose between Ramp/8Min/20Min test

1 Like

I came here to report the same bug, but it sounds like y’all are on it! Thanks for all the work that has gone into this tool. It is impressive and makes me feel better about my training plan for this year.

1 Like

@therealtk @mjalder2

We just released the fix for this one. Let me know how things look when you get the chance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

all good here. Thanks for the speedy update.

1 Like

i moved some weeks around in my plan (since i didnt want to wait for the vacation wek feature) and was warned that i wouldnt be able to edit it. That’s ok. I thought i could just trash it and restart. When I attempted to build a new plan, my events dont show in step 5 (no prompt to reuse) ??? but , they remain in Calendar.

1 Like

The planbuilder worked great, I hate that I have to delete all the running and swimming workouts, but I can live with that. What I dont understand is why it sets up 2 x Ramp tests and that is just before a B race. (Half maraton running race).Skjermbilde 2020-01-18 kl. 18.12.36

Ok yesterday I stumbled over this Reddit post. tl;dr: A new cyclist with an athletic (“fast twitch”) background followed the Plan Builder and ended up on SSB2HV, then balked at the volume and asked for advice.

I was trying to imagine how that happened exactly. Hypothetical steps through the wizard if you’re an athlete but not a cyclist:

I’m in the gym for a couple hours most days, so 10+ I guess

Cool, sounds good

I do nothing but HIIT, I must be Advanced at least.

If I use that flow and drop an end date in the spring:

Long story short, I’m not sure it’s clear to new cyclists that “hours per week training”, “level of fitness”, and “experience with interval training” are all bike-specific.

4 Likes

@ellotheth I had this same issue when I was running through Plan Builder. I have an extensive background with interval training as a runner turned triathlete. So the idea of high intensity work does not intimidate me. Based on my experience with completing run intervals at all intensities and variations I went with Expert for interval experience and what Plan Builder spit out is well within my capabilities as a new (< 1 year) cyclist. For reference I am on the Half Distance Tri plan.

Some further guidance/explanation on this would definitely be helpful though.

Same here, trying to update my plan lost 5 of 6 events.

Nice review here. YouTube

2 Likes

I gave plan builder a try and gave up :frowning:

For background I’ve completed the following since I started in August 2019:

SSBLVI → General Build → SSBLVII (ends this saturday)

I tried setting the start date back to when I started, but it seemed to ignore my training history and wanted to start me on SSBLVI, then SSBLVII, etc…

So I tried to set it to start back when I started SSBLVII in December, also ignored that, so set it to start at the end of my plan and looked at what it suggested for a fresh start and then added in manually the plans from after SSBLVII :smiley:

Don’t know whats specific about my case, or if maybe I am supposed to do my current SSBLVII then SSBLVI → SSBLVII → Build ??

Apologies for not reading through the mega thread, but it is my impression from fiddling around with the tool that, if you do not have a specific event as target (open date), then the program simply strings along some pre-set phases from the existing training plans (SSB I, etc.) with no customization or change whatsoever. What I mean is, my impression is that I could just build a plan the traditional way, phase by phase, and I would end with the same result. If the answer to this is ‘yes’ then I wonder if the plan builder really is of interest only to those who have set dates for the races, in which case the builder needs to do some cutting and adjusting to fit into specific weeks.

@asteryx @Zoltan

Events will not import into Plan Builder if they are already associated with an existing plan on your Calendar, even if that existing plan is locked for editing. If you delete the plan that the events are associated with, the events should import. When removing a plan from your Calendar, completed work will not be deleted. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ellotheth @bloya89

Thanks for the feedback here. I’ve passed it along. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! That worked. I did have to delete the “C” event stage race and re-enter it from scratch as “B” which is no big deal.

I suppose if you folks run out of things to code, you can add the recalc option if you change the importance of an event between A,B and C but change nothing else.

I was just here searching how to recalculate based on a change in priority of events because I got a Leadville entry yesterday.

We are working on the ability to re-calculate your plan according to a change in priority “A” races, however, this feature is not availiable at the moment.

For now, the best way to handle the situation is to delete your Plan Builder plan and recreate it. This sounds intimidating, but it can actually be done quickly and easily. All of your events that you have previously added will be retained, so all you will need to do is:

1. Make note of the day you started the plan orginally, and select that as the start date for the recreated Plan Builder plan.
  2. Select all the same options as you did last time you set up the Plan Builder
  3. Add Leadville as an A race, and make any adjustments to the other races in your plan
  4. When you apply this plan, it will then apply all the training from today forward according to what will prepare you best for your new priority events.

Let me know if you have any questions :+1:

Just an idea for future iterations, it would be good if you could adjust the number of hours you want per block/week/month/Coach Chad’s choice.
I currently have no races so just added plans in the old style but come May when outside riding before and after shifts really kicks in I’ll not want to train so much (I know this isn’t the best method of improving but outside is nice) so have to adjust to a couple hours hard sessions.

So in my example I could start the plan builder now without a race date with the appropriate volume but come warmer longer days TrainerRoad can build a suitable plan for me getting base endurance outside.