How to Overcome PTSD After a Car Hits You

He’s an idiot but his did apologise immediately and accepted all responsibility on the spot.
In all honesty that this is the first time I’ve ever been asked or properly thought about it.

It genuinely was just ignorance on his behalf and not malice. I’ve had near misses with drivers that I feel far worse about.

Yeah you really cannot be too safe because you have to be safe for yourself and for those drivers not paying attention. I think I would rather take the chances on the road than ride a trainer.

Hi Stuart, sorry for the delay in response. Honestly I think she learned her lesson. We as humans all make mistakes and I do not think she intended to hit me. As PCP said, when someone intentionally tries to intimidate you or almost hit you, I am more mad at them. This girl was young and I definitely didn’t want to ruin her life and go after her. If she would have been a jerk, I would have been all over pressing charges and everything. I believe in second chances and allowing people to learn from their mistakes. That is my thoughts on it. I still plan to one day give her a call and thank her for stopping.

Not really something you should joke about given how many riders actually do die.

You are exactly right and I shouldn’t joke about it, I just really hate the trainer. I meant to say I would rather take the chances over riding a trainer.

1 Like