How are people finding the TR Polarized plans?

The last two+ years aren’t 'P’olarized, but as stated earlier I’m sold on training that ends up looking strongly pyramidal (call it 'p’olarized if you want):

Still don’t understand what happened in 17-18, although its clear that TR Build plans had too much intensity for me. And the first time thru TR Build I tried to follow the plan instead of modifying, resulting in crash & burn. My season starts late August, which this year I was traveling and rerturned with C19, making late August / September a 4-5 week off-season. So only 4 months training and October return to training I went REALLY EASY (workouts capped by heart rate, not power).

Over the last two months the hardest sweet spot workout was something like a 3x8-min with roughly a 3.0 Workout Level. A lot of endurance and tempo workouts with 3/4/5 workout levels (TP workouts imported into TR). We barely did any progression on interval length, instead they were spiced with intensity bursts/surges (tempo/vo2 criss-cross intervals). This month no issues doing a 32-min long test pacing effort that was cut short by nightfall - I would have done to exhaustion with more daylight.

1 Like