Help Us Improve TrainerRoad! (Workout Translations)

Yes! We are actively working on incorporating LOTS of new language options for in-ride text as a feature to be released soon!

Help us report those here and we’ll get them fixed right away!

1 Like

Seems like everyone so far has been happy to help without trying to dip into TR’s wallet, at least up to now

I’m happy to help with the Russian translation if needed

There’s couples words that need to be improve in Spanish, I can help with that!

We are implementing a third party service (not via our athletes) to effectively and accurately provide translated language options. This is being integrated and managed by TR employees, all folks involved are being compensated, yes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Can we somehow help with the german translations? I used the desktop app today for the first time and the “Ericsson” instructions in german were a bit distracting.
It was like a coach who has no idea about cycling told me what to do. Not comparable to the very good instructions in english.
For instance “leg speed” is in cycling-german not the literal translated “Beingeschwindigkeit” but “Trittfrequenz”.

Hey! Once we incorporate all the new in-ride texts with lots of new language options, all the current in-ride texts and translations will be reviewed/updated as well. Sorry for the trouble!

Hi guys. Glad to help with Russian, it looks like you used some auto translator so some polishing may be required. Can I just edit the text in google sheet or should I send the feedback form?

HI no need to do that, we are using a third party service to do all the conversions now!

1 Like

I just had a look at the Spanish translation file. Probably generated by Google Translate? It certainly needs work, not just a “few words”, as stated above. For example, to say “you”, sometimes “usted” is used and some other times “tú”. This totally changes the conjugation in the sentences and the overall tone of the communication.

Also, I’d suggest that, rather than using Spanish (Spain), which is regional and wouldn’t appeal to Latin American speakers, Spanish (neutral) is implemented (ie. widely used in movie subtitles and software). This will create a seamless experience to any native speaker, regardless of their country of origin.

I can help if needed.

Hi! Again, we arent using that anymore. We are implementing a third party service (not via our athletes) to effectively and accurately provide translated language options.
Thanks, though!

I just did Giraud. It’s subtitel tells in Dutch: “Een lage trapsnelheid om je aerobe conditie te verbeteren”. Which translates in: “A low spin frequency to improve your aerobic condition”. The training consists of mostly round 60% FTP at 85-95 RPM, with 4 times 3 minutes in which Chad asks you to spin up to 120 RPM. Which isn’t, in my book, a low spin frequency.

Hi

I just noticed a small error in the Dutch interval description for Reinstein:
It should read: “1 minuut op 105%” ( not “2 minuten”)