Group Workout Room Code Sharing

Jepson and Carson +1 added to Friday and Saturday. RSVP link included. Let me know if you don’t see it

Decided to throw in a late one. Whorl, 75 mins endurance.

www.trainerroad.com/app/rsvp/uc5uwt

I’ve tried to test the RSVP link but doesn’t seem to be loading for some reason. Anyway, it’s on the Google calendar now and the actual code does load the room.

@IvyAudrain Could you check this out? The API returns a 400 with the message Group workout is not scheduled, but the page only shows the spinner.

Ah maybe that’s all it was, I didnt schedule it in the app set up.

I submitted a ticket already but thanks anyway.

1 Like

I mean regardless, the page should show something more than an infinite spinner animation :smiley:

1 Like

Yep, brushed my morning hair specially too😁

2 Likes

OH MAN the spin of death… This looks like a bug, I’ve reported it to the team and we’re looking into the cause for this specific group ride link having trouble. Sorry for the inconvenience, all.

1 Like

(cc @ellotheth)

The team figured this out! You were right there, the group workout needs to be scheduled in the app for those referral codes to work.
Starting a group workout, copying the referral code, and appending it to Can't find the page - TrainerRoad isn’t going to do the trick, unfortunately.

We’re still going to report the spinner behavior, though. Even though we know the reason for this issue, there is definitely room for improvement in the error state for that page. :+1:

Well, @IvyAudrain …this is good info. I believe I created an RSVP link thinking it would work. Thanks for the info.

Would we still be able to share the code and it work? I assume your comment refers to the RSVP link not working as opposed to the workout code.

@Nate_Pearson I’m trying to RSVP for Glassy today but it will not load…

Of course, happy to explain that further!

So if you schedule a workout locally on the individual machine (not via the app), appending the code to that URL won’t work for others to join. The only way our system knows to create an online depot to host other riders is if it’s added to the calendar as a scheduled group workout. Otherwise, when other athletes tried to join, they received that 404 workouts not found error.

1 Like

Can you check in with support? That invite link seems to be working, and it appears other folks are able to schedule it, so there might be something amiss locally that support can check out!

1 Like

@IvyAudrain It is almost certainly me having some screen blindness but the actual link we need to be using may need to be more prominent on the screen then perhaps???

I can’t have looked right now as I’m at work but I’ll have look tomorrow.

Let us know once you have a chance to take a look, or if something is amiss. We’re here to help!

It loaded on my calendar just fine, however, the white “pop-up” window remained with the red loading circle. Once I clicked out of the white box and onto the calendar, it showed to be loaded.

@IvyAudrain I created one today and it all worked correctly, it was all down to me not doing it correctly and not seeing the app generated link.

All good now thanks.

1 Like

Hmmm… I’d still recommend that you check in with support, we haven’t heard of any. specific instances of this yet, they’ll be able to look at all aspects of your setup to see whats going on. Sorry for the trouble!

Tallac +3 for tomorrow at 8:30 AM CT: <Edit: removed link>

Tallac +3 at 9am pacific. RSVP - TrainerRoad

@summerson we’re so close! You can join us for round 2 after your first one is done :wink:

2 Likes

I’m in for this one!

1 Like