Gravel Wheels on a SL6 Tarmac?

Kicking around the idea of putting some
enve gravel wheels on my 2020 SL6 di2 ultegra.

I want a Diverge but that shipped sailed due to availability Issues so thinking outside the box. Not planning to do anything crazy off road but to get some flexibility and try is out. Eventually will get a diverge and pair with Enves anyway.

Any issues you all see?? Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Seems this is rated for 30mm max tire size (based on info from a couple of reviews), so you will be fairly limited on tire selection with respect to comfort and traction. Depending on the road and gravel quality, this may be more than enough, or well short of a proper gravel setup.

2 Likes

I’m using donnelly cdg tubeless (700x30c) for just such a purpose on my litespeed ultimate disc. Used them last weekend on a hard pack rail trail with good results and satisfaction. Did take a quick detour to take a steep uphill with some loose larger rocks and found them less adequate so as long as you stick to the simple stuff you should be quite satisfied with 30s on dirt roads with your tarmac.

1 Like

I had the same mission for my girlfriends bike, 2020 SL6 as well. Bought some Vittoria Cross Terreno Mix Folding Tyre 700 x 31c, since 30 was max, I thought that maybe 31 would be fine, but nope…

The tire almost touched the seat tube with like 1mm :frowning: Sooo if you’re gonna go that route, try to find some 28mm gravel tires.

1 Like