Finished SSBMV...now I'm lost

I have just finished SSBMV1 and 2 and now I’m lost. The bike training has been great and I don’t want to lose my momentum and the gains that I’ve made but I don’t know where to go from here.
I’m an age-group duathlete.
In the current situation we are in, there’s no guarantees on what is going on with my races. Short term stuff has been postponed/cancelled. The only things I have at this point to shoot for is an Olympic Duathlon on July 25 and a Half Ironman Duathlon on August 29.
Looking for some advice with 14 weeks out from the Olympic and 19 weeks from the Half Ironman.
Thanks!
Bill

Use plan builder? Put in your duathlon events (Id just call them Tris of the same length for the sake of TR) and see what it gives you.

1 Like

If you have a long course duathlon on the horizon - and even if it gets cancelled then I am sure you will do one in the future then I would start adding some long outdoor rides. MV has little volume beyond 2 hours near the end and the duathlon will have an 80-90km bike leg - I would think a block of 6 weeks building up to 3-4 hours zone 2 outside is needed. I would try and get to 4 hours zone 2 one week and 2.5 hours zone 2 plus a 30min brick run the next. You could keep one vo2 max session in to keep you used to intensity but easing back until you know the race is happening is a good idea. I race tt - up to 50miles (used to run marathons and do tri) and I am doing lots of outdoor zone 2 - and a bit of tempo/vo2 on the turbo…this of course only works if you live somewhere without draconian lock down - it is ok in the UK provided you are solo :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for all your suggestions. As expected, I thought too long about this and sat idle for a week overthinking it. I decided I needed to jump into something, so I have started the Sustained Power Build Mid-Volume plan. I did my FTP test this morning and jumped from 205 to 227! When I did the 205 I had a wicked head cold so might account for the jump.