Time limit options in Plan Builder [Feature Request]

Total agree to this request!
I’m completely new to trainerroad and by building a plan i really was a little bit of shocked when i realised that i’m not able to set my desired training days and training duration.

I’m doing normally 400-500 TSS a week with 4-5 workouts a week. But when i would do this with a trainerroad plan i have to do 6 “short” workouts a week, instead of doing longer ones on less days.

Hope there comes an option to do this automatically instead of deleting workouts and making other ones individually longer or harder. :slight_smile:

By the way… finding Trainerroad great!

2 Likes

@IvyAudrain just seeing if this is anywhere closer on the road map?

I’ve got an SSB LV1 plan running with AT but due to overtraining/under-fueling I’m anaemic so limiting workouts to 30/45 minutes, I went through and changed a couple of weeks to the 30min alternative then did the days workout, I had some pending adaptations but they all wanted to be 60/75/90 minutes long.

I’d love to get slightly harder workouts as I gain fitness again but it’d be nice if I could tell it to stick within a set time range. I’m now just changing the day when I get to it, but it would be nice to be able to do it in bulk so I know what to look forward to.

No updates on that roadmap yet, unfortunately.
Until we get working on that, I would recommend as a work-around to accept those adaptations, and then on the days that feel long (depending upon how you’re feeling), you can use Workout Alternates to choose a shorter workout that still targets the same systems in your plan, but shorter/longer. :sunglasses:

Pretty much my plan! Just thought I’d check really!

Thanks.

1 Like

Sounds like this is coming in the future:

I know there are other topics in the forum that have touched on this request. Feel free to share this if/when you see those.

6 Likes

So excited about this!!!

3 Likes

I enjoy adjusting my plan as I go and feel. Looking forward to the extra ability.

MASTERS PLAN - Can you add in a masters plan schedule? 2 weeks on 1 week easy

• There is already an existing request related to Masters Plan Builder (aka plan timing). Please add any comments in there as appropriate.
2 Likes

So @IvyAudrain is there an eta for this or just keep on manually adjusting my plan? I’m happy either way but just about to start a plan so thought I’d ask.

C’moooonnn you know I cant provide timelines or ETAs! :wink:

3 Likes

There was me thinking a stupid looking grin might work!

1 Like

+1
I guess this feature hasn’t moved out of Beta although it was Jan when they released the YouTube video. What gives TR Team ?

I just edited a month of training to 45min weekdays and 1:15min Sat. because that works best for me.

1. It was painful and I’m not looking forward to doing it each month
  2. The suggested alternates were often the same workout as the original with a shorter duration. Grrrrrrrrr. That’s annoying, presented with the same workout, shorter duration and 5 extra clicks and navigation to get it into the calendar and delete the original.

The time constrained workout is already there as an Alternate, it needs to be available up front as an option to build the plan instead of the broad “beginner 2-3hrs”, “intermediate 4-5hrs” etc.

You’re already really close !

1 Like

This Plan Builder feature is still on the roadmap, but is lower priority than some more urgent fixes and releases.
When using Alternates in the the mobile or desktop apps, there’s an easier option to ‘Replace’ the original workout with your chosen alternate instead of having to schedule+delete when choosing an alternate on the web. We do have plans to create more continuity between web and apps for scheduling alternates, but as a ‘snack’ issue for our developers between projects.
I’ll provide updates on this thread for those changes as they become available!

2 Likes

Hi Ivy, thanks for the reply.

Can you walk me through the steps on the desktop, I don’t see this option when I try to replace/add an activity:
“…there’s an easier option to ‘Replace’ the original workout with your chosen alternate”

Wondering where this is on the roadmap?

Along the lines of the kids in the back seat of the car saying “are we there yet?”, have we just left home or at a service station a couple hours away or nearly there?

Somewhere between the service station and nearly there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Nice!

@IvyAudrain, once again asking the question (because I’m re-loading my calendar with a training plan for the next 6mths)

"Can you walk me through the steps on the desktop, I don’t see this option when I try to replace/add an activity:

Alternates are in the App. Not browser, as far as I know.

See the original response “When using Alternates in the the mobile or desktop apps”

Alternates isn’t the issue, managing the changes across a 6mth plan is the challenge.
At the moment it’s a tedious
1.) Open calendar entry
2.) Add item
3.) Search for alternate
4.) Choose alternate
5.) Save
6.) Delete original entry
7.) Confirm
…and then start again for the next entry, 3/wk for 6mths of training

What id like is to pick a 3mth plan, choose a time (30min or 45min) and a level and Poof! Populated. At the moment o get asked a few vague questions about time & level and I get 1hr & 1.5hr sessions. Which I don’t have time for weekday mornings.

1 Like