Feature request: Sync favorite workouts across platforms [RELEASED! ✅]

Currently, if I select a favorite workout on one device, it doesn’t show up on any other devices. It would be nice if everything sync’d up. I often use my iPad to select workouts but then actually use my Mac to train.

15 Likes

Hey Drew!

This is a request we get fairly often, and it is on our Development Roadmap :slight_smile: Our Developers have been hard at work with major feature creation like Performance Analytics and the new Calendar, but as these projects finish up, they will have more time for smaller improvements like this :fire:

4 Likes

I agree, that is so much quicker to add favorite workouts in our calendars regardless the platforms.

I was just about to suggest this as well. I totally agree it’d be a nice improvement! :+1:

Even if you don’t use TR on multiple devices, it still helps when you move to a new device.

I’d also love the ability to favorite a workout from the web, as that’s where I usually do my research and planning.

Another vote yes! Would be a great planning option :+1:t3:

1 Like

Aside from syncing across different devices within the TR application itself, please include the web interface as well. I almost always use the web interface to add/remove workouts to my calendar.

Keep up the great work :+1:

2 Likes

They mentioned that a new, more comprehensive interface will be part of the update. I expect it will be some form of a blend, with wide functionality.

2 Likes

Has this ever been done? I don’t even see favorite workouts on the web app.

1 Like

No. Shared Workout Favorites and such are not implemented at this time.

1 Like

:frowning: thanks for replying.

2 Likes

I know there already is a ‘favorite workout’ function in google play/app store TR app, but I am used to schedule my workouts using web browsers on PC.

So, I want to ask if there is a possibility to add ‘favorite workout’ function to web? So that it will be easier for me to schedule my favorite workouts on TR calendar, thanks :smiley:

1 Like

Would it be possible to add the ability to create sub folders into which workouts marked as favourites can be saved? There are several different reasons I save different types of workouts and it can be difficult to sift through them, identify them or even remember why they were favourited when they all sit together and again requiring sorting and filtering. Better still (albeit I guess potentially more complicated) would be the ability to add custom tags to different favourited workouts so you can then apply different filters, rather than decide which single folder they should sit in. Thanks!

1 Like

Maybe this already exists and i’m just not seeing it anywhere.

I use the android app for workouts, nothing else. When i want to adjust my calendar, choose workouts, or anything else, I go to my TR page in google chrome. In the app I am able to add workouts to “Favorites”, but these do not show up in my TR page in the browser. I would really like to be able to find workouts in the browser, favorite them, and then have quick access to them when I start up the app.

3 Likes

It has been mentioned I think, but I wanted to tag it up with this as it would be helpful when planning/scheduling - having our favorites sync across platforms would be great. Sometimes when I am browsing the app on my phone I see a workout I really like (or vice-versa on the forum/web) and don’t have a specific use case but would like to have it set aside for quick access in the future.

3 Likes

Thanks for the request @BlueHeron.

Cross-platform syncing of Favorite workouts is something that we would like to do in the future, however, at the moment, your favorites are stored locally only within the app that you starred that workout.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Looked around, found some threads: apparently you can bookmark / star / favorite workouts on mobile platforms.

But this is not possible in the web app? That’s unfortunate, because in my opinion, the web app provides the most “complete” experience and I am really missing this.

2 Likes

Is this still in the planned roadmap? Would love to be able to do this on the web app and have it sync across platforms as others have mentioned.

2 Likes

Hi there! It is still something we’d like to implement, there are just higher priority fixes and updates that are taking precedent. Cheers!

3 Likes

It would be really great if the option for marking the workouts as favorites also centrally in the user profile is saved, because like now it makes no sense at all, you lose your favorites in every app installation.

I always have different favorites and device configs (especially Smart Trainer & Power Meter setup) in the WIN10 app, on Android tablets and Android mobile phones, you lose these when you install a new version.

This could be prevented if everything is stored centrally in the user profile, possibly also visible in the web version?

cheers

7 Likes

Thanks! Bumping to the team!

2 Likes