Bring back Push / Pull / Delete weeks [Feature Request]

I have great news for you, which is that Adaptive Training is super equipped to serve you what you need right now. We can help!

First and foremost, we just released an Add Time Off option to the three-dot menu directly on the Calendar to make scheduling time-off much easier:

Clicking this option will automatically open the Annotation window with Time Off pre-selected, all you have to do is select the dates you won’t be available to train.

For what you’re describing, using the ‘Time Off’ feature is great in letting Adaptive Training look critically at how many days you’ll need off, and adjusting your workouts accordingly. Once you’re ready to return from time off, you’ll be met with a far better training experience than dragging and dropping your originally scheduled workouts. And it’s quicker!

If you want more direct feedback and information about the ‘why’ behind this, I’ll be happy to follow up via DM and use some examples from your calendar that really highlight how just moving the same workouts to a later date isn’t always the best way to ensure those workouts will be achievable and result in success for you as an athlete, especially after time away from the training.

Second, Run workouts! You can now import and analyze runs in TrainerRoad to help improve your multisport training, planning, and analysis. More info here: New Early Access Feature: Import and Analyze Runs in TrainerRoad!’ You’ll still have to mark your swims as complete, but you wont have to mark all of those run workouts as complete and review adaptations if you forget to do so.

Next, Traditional Base blocks work SUPER well within Adaptive Training, and is not ‘frowned upon’ at all! Using Plan Builder will yield better results in the scope of long-term goals and event planning, but we keep this feature active because of how effectively it serves so many of our athletes.

More good news: manually adding a Traditional Base block (or any phase) doesn’t ‘turn off AT automatically’. You still get the full benefits of Adaptive Training in workout analysis, post-workout surveys, workout adaptations, Progression Level updates, and all of the AT features.

To answer “Ended up clearing my entire calendar to start over. Did I reset AT?”:
Nope! Adaptive Training is aware of the work you’ve done and where your current fitness levels are, even if you delete/edit/reapply a plan or phase. When determining the difficulty of your first few workouts of a new plan or phase (and when deciding how swiftly to progress your workouts) Adaptive Training considers all that work you previously completed; regardless of wether you deleted your current plan or not.

In your case, even using TrainNow without a plan at all would utilize your training history when recommending workouts. You can trust AT to intelligently keep track of where your fitness has been, where it is now, and how to move you forward effectively.

Please DM me if you have any questions on the aforementioned info, our new Time Off or Run features, training plans, or otherwise! I’ll be happy to take a look. :smiley:

4 Likes