Favero Assioma Users

I’m not that experienced of a cyclist but I have had days where holding certain wattages on the trainer seems easier. For example I will do a ride that ends up having a higher Strava intensity rating that feels easier than a ride with a lower intensity rating. How much variability in form should I expect that is normal? Seems like the only way to know the Assioma is off (if I don’t have another PM to compare) is by feel. But could my feel just be off on a given day?

correction: did another workout today (bluebell) and seem fine and in sync with HR data + PE from last SBII block. L/R data also spot on. So no issues to report.

My duos are tracking the kickr same as before the update. 30 workouts done.

Mine seem the same too. No issues detected. I still manually calibrate every now and again but not quite as religiously!

Yeah mine seem fine too.

My single-sided are fine after the update as well, just posting in case people get put off by the abundance of people posting problems.

1 Like

Hello guys I am new to power i just got a pair of favero Duo. Im trying to set up my PM to garmin 530 and gives me this option. calibration prompt.
What is this mean should I use it ot not i have no idea what is this mean. Any one have and idea what this means thanks

It’s just asking if you want to calibrate them. In garmin and wahoo there is a setting to prompt you to calibrate power meters when they connect. You can turn the notification off if you want.

If you’ve already gone into the Assioma app to update the firmware to the latest version you don’t need to recalibrate each time so you can ignore or disable that notification.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the help

I have had 0 issues since doing the update. As far as clipping in, it takes a bit of getting used to but you’ll master it. Gotta be gentle, they have really free spinning bearings so its easy to flip the pedal upside down while trying to clip in in a hurry

1 Like

I noticed that the name recorded for my Assioma Duo under power source has recently changed. This may have happened since I started using the Beta iOS app, but I’m not sure. Has anyone else experienced this? Does this mean anything or am I being neurotic?

It used to say Favero Assioma, now it is slightly different.

Favero Assioma is the name when paired by Bluetooth. The ASSIOMA31167L is the name on the ANT+ Network.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I don’t see why it would use the ANT+ name, as I am using Bluetooth via iOS.

Odd. May have paired via ANT somehow. My DUO from today still show as Favero Assioma, but I run zwift parallel and that has me paired via ANT using the numerical name.

Either way I’ve seen both, they both work the same.

Interesting. My Assioma and Kickr don’t read the same either but it’s the other way around. Assiomas read about 10W higher than the Kickr, which makes sense from drivetrain losses. Not sure why yours would be reading less. I didn’t have any change after the update.

Anybody swap out the pedal bodies with any of the Xpedo models? Not the SPD hack, but using the Xpedo Thrust bodies to save weight.

Hey I just wanted to chime in that I got my saddle adjusted down just a hair and a cleat changed just a hair to help balance my leg power more. Last year I was reading almost 50/50 power during my rides but this first few months of this year I started seeing as much as 46-54 and a lot of 47/53. Also, my power used to match the Kickr quite closely but this year was 9-11 Watts low under load.

So, long story short, the adjustments feel good, but also it brought the power reading back to close to what the kickr reads. Seems weird to me that would make a difference, but there it is. Rode 2 hours today and watched the whole time as the power tracked the kickr never much more than 1% off (like 3W at 250W output was the largest delta I saw). YMMV.

You might have better luck asking about that in the “hack” thread. People there are discussing using flat pedals and others besides just SPD

1 Like

I am on my second set now the battery died on them my fault i would put them on charge after every ride. Dont do that!! They are extra-ordinary as there is very little that goes wrong the old even survived through a 60km/h crash with ust some damage to the plastic pedal and the ss plate missing.

Hey, everyone. Following up with a post I made a few days ago. Has anyone noticed if the reported name of your power source has changed recently? It seems that my Assioma Duo is now reporting the ANT+ name over Bluetooth in the TrainerRoad beta app for iOS.

@Cleanneon98 was able to help me diagnose this discrepancy. I’m just curious as to whether anyone else is experiencing this or not.

I did a static weight test with a calibrated weight and everything seems to be fine. Just seems to be a reporting issue.