Favero Assioma Users

Quick PSA for you guys, just realized when I ordered replacement XPEDO RC7 cleats that they say to replace them when the front portion is worn down to half (3.5mm or less). Well I got new cleats for new shoes and realized mine were WAYYYY past that recommendation. If yours look like this replace them ASAP. Only mentioning this because the SPD SL are easier when the yellow front wears off they’re done but I don’t think most people who just get these with their Assiomas really know when they’re done. This could have broken at the worst time

2 Likes

Also shoutout to that filename: “shimano-compatibility-2021.jpg”

My body is ready.

4 Likes

Hmm… would be interesting to know when this will be released. I need a PM at latest end of April.

1 Like

I get your post.

Ive been cycling for 30 years.

Buy some cleat covers!!

I think you need the Duo if you want the other 50%.

1 Like

I just changed mine. Worse than yours !

That would certainly help new adopters. At this point I don’t know I’d go through the trouble of switching back, I’m quite used to the Look Xpedeo cleats by now.

Do you guys know if there is any issue with leaving the shoes on the pedals after a workout?
During the week I train indoors really early and I seem to wake my wife most of the days with the sounds of attaching the shoes into the cleats so would like to leave them on the pedals.

I asked about this due to being a triathlete where this often occurs before/after the ride for those that do flying mounts with the shoes ready on the bike after the swim and left on the bike after the ride to run into transition, but I didn’t get a solid answer (I think mainly due to English being their first language)–from my post above:

Does anyone know if they have stopped selling the upgrade kit for dual sided? Clever training is no longer carrying it seems.

Do you know if they still go to sleep even with shoes left on?

Exactly the same issue with wife and kids. My pedals stay on the bike. Power data is fine, possible its a percent or so out but doesn’t change my workout.

I would say this is fine- it’s the movement/force on the pedal that wakes them up so as long as the shoes are still for a set amount of time I reckon you’ll be golden :raised_hands:t2:

I too have early morning clip in anxieties :joy::joy:

I’m pretty sure they still go to sleep with shoes left on–I think it’s just the movement/lack of movement that wakes them up/puts them to sleep.

Has anyone noticed any power discrepancies since the last firmware update? Suddenly, workouts felt much harder, heart rate was 10-15 beats higher for the same power output, but I thought this was due to a lingering illness or something.

Yesterday, I did a workout with the Kickr Core as power source, and this felt way smoother, so today I decided to compare the Faveros (readings on head unit) to the Kickr (readings on TR) during the first interval of my Antelope-5 workout, with the Kickr as power source. Kickr was holding 264W, while the Faveros gave an average power over the interval of 10 min of 251W.

Both were calibrated, and I know some discrepancies need to be taken into account, but 13W is quite a gap, and the feeling that i had on the rollers specifically since the update leads me to believe that something is off with the Faveros

I’ve not noticed a difference since I updated my pedals.

Just to aide fault finding… do you have the DUO pedals? Does your left/right balance seem ok?

Yep, DUO, and left-right balance seems normal

I have DUOs and since the update my left/right balance seems way off. Left is always reading higher even when I consciously adapt my pedal stroke.

Anyone think there will be a problem if *don’t upgrade the firmware? I was a little skeptical and now more so, seeing that there problems.

Also anyone have trouble clipping into these? I leave one foot clipped in at intersections, but the other foot I always end end up sliding it around or evening stepping on top of the pod trying to get it locked in. Seems this wouldn’t be good for the pod. Anyone have any tips here?

I have avoided upgrading so far.

But I know in some of the earlier posts people were having this type of discrepancy. Might be worth scrolling way back to 2018/2019.