Favero Assioma power "freezing"

Mine show up on TR desktop app as separate devices (one for BT and one for ANT+). I know that TR will preference BT and push you towards that automatically (not something you can control. Do you need to have your ANT+ connected to TR?

(Since the FW upgrade) It shows consistently as a BT device and only occasionally as a separate Ant+ device … However the Ant+ version/device doesn’t show any power, only cadence numbers.

I was wrong. Issue persists in ANT+ after December 6 FW update. No 0 cadence readings and the power readings toggle up and down when not pedalling. @Lezyne Any thoughts?

Update: it appears the problems I’ve been having are related to the Fitbit app interfering with Bluetooth (crowding BT channel)… Many tests later this is the conclusion.

Nice job diagnosing it!

Yesterday my RIGHT pedal lose half of juice… Firmware 4.04.

We would likely have to look into your exact settings again. If it’s not too much trouble, would you mind raising another ticket here: https://support.lezyne.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We’ll be out of the office until the new year, but we’d like to help you get this figured out when we’re back.

I had this exact issue on 4.04. Though being half charged before the incident, my right pedal just disappeared (I had issues doing a calibration from the head unit, took my phone out and fired up the Assioma app and that’s how I realised)

Switched to left-only for that ride. Once back at home, charged up the right pedal and the issue hasn’t returned after 1000km

@GPLama confirmed he’s tried the latest firmware (v4.25). I’ll be updating my pedals today.

Yep, I’m a few 100kms on 4.25 and all is ok. (N=2… or 4 to be specific)

1 Like

Hi @Lezyne - I’ve already done this and we’re in communication. Cheers.

1 Like

Thanks @GPLama and @robertbb - keep us updated!

Is one of your Assioma sets with the SPD hack?

If so, are you doing any ongoing checking to ensure that the numbers remain on point?

Yep and after the initial test/conformation they’re accurate, I don’t see the need to re-test them. Not yet anyway. Nothing changed in regard to how they measure power. The interface to the spindle/gauges/electronics is identical with the MTB or road pedal bodies.

I’ll be throwing the Grail on the Neo/Kickr/Direto soon as I have to see how the XD hub kits work on those. I’ll look at the numbers again then.

1 Like

@GPLama

Awesome thanks!

I agree - the way they are designed, I’m sure they could be ridden barefoot with no pedal body and they’d still work.

I’m going to be making the modification to my second pair soon (for my commuter). Just trying to decide which Xpedo pedal body to use: CXR, mForce 3 or mForce 4.

1 Like

@TheGearedGuitarist I just updated both pedals to 4.25 - this was probably the quickest and smoothest Assioma update thus far. Will report back in a week or so, after a few commutes to work and a lot of holiday km’s as well.

One question I do have for anyone who cares to answer: is it important that calibration be done by the same device as is actually being used during the ride? Believe it or not I still use an Edge 500 (still looking for a successor) and the calibration can sometimes take a while. I wondered if calbrating on the Assioma app and then viewing with the Edge 500 in-ride would be OK?

Pretty sure the 0 offset data is stored in the pedals, not anywhere else

Cal Henshaw

1 Like

Yep.

I see no one’s updated this in a bit - after a few months of perfection from my Duo’s - yesterday after the pedals had been charging the right pedal did the quick drain. I turned it to left only and did my workout - firmware looks up to date - has there been a consensus on how to fix/causes?

my left pedal has just died after about 10 hours since charge. I am still running version 3.0 fimrware as it has been pretty consistent since Favero replaced the spindles for me around 18 months ago.

Any one having battery drain issues with the 4.25 firmware?

Not here knock on wood, but I ran into that once quite a while back now and the Favero support was fast and efficient at helping me out and getting me a firmware to try, which fixed the problem.

1 Like