ERG Mode On or Off Button Please, Mobile App (Feature Request)

I was thinking to use the TrainerRoad logo on the top of the mobile app to toggle between the modes. when it’s all white like it is today it’s say ERG mode. When you tap it the “Trainer” part of the logo turns red and it’s now in resistance mode. Click get and it’s all white, ERG mode. Also keeps the app UI unchanged and the Red/White color theme we have come to love.

2 Likes

I like that idea! I worry that it may be hard to find for those who don’t know where to look, but I will pass your suggestion onto the team :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, please , i use an old laptop, using T to toggle trainer on and off, hitting the numbers in resistance and recover under erg. My trainer (Flux2) can be an absolute mess. Resistance mode saved my workouts more then once. For this reason still use the old laptop. But a on/off button will make this easier. I try to ride workouts as much as i can in resistance mode. But the “cruise control” that erg is for me, helps. So please make the erg on/off easier to access. Thanks in advance😉

1 Like

Hmm… Trying to better understand your request now that we have the ‘T’ toggle to switch between ERG, resistance and standard mode. I think the confusion is surrounding turning ERG mode ‘off’, because if ERG is off, the only other options are to be in resistance or standard mode, which the ‘T’ toggle addresses. Are you looking for another Smart Trainer Mode then perhaps?

Hi,

I understand i haven’t been communicating as i should have.

I ment to ask for an easy accesible erg on and off button in the Android app.

Right now i’m using an older laptop, windows. In the desktop app i can toggle between erg and resistance mode easy, with 1 keystroke. I would like to have that options in the Android app as well.

Thanks for your response.

Kind regards

Steven de Jong

Ah thanks for expanding upon that. There’s good news! This is a ‘quick action’ for Android beta. If you have any trouble installing, reach out to support@trainerroad.com and they’ll help out!

1 Like

What would be amazing is to have resistance mode control via +/- buttons on the workout screen on Android once resistance mode is enabled. Trying to accurately drag a tiny slider with sweaty/gloved fingers during intervals is far from easy.

5 Likes

Super! Thanx

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: [Feature Request] Set Max Cadence for ERG Mode

It would be great if there’s a toggle on/off button or ERG Mode underneath the workout screen, instead of the current setup on the app. Currently, it’s a hassle to turn off ERG mode in the middle of the workout or on the fly because it takes “two” clicks to get there. I love to do my workout in ERG mode, but for workout that’s 30 seconds or any burst type, ERG takes time to get to the prescribed power. And as the result, I never got to my average power close to the prescribed power. I tried to turn on/off ERG before and after the short burst, but I found it too much hassle because it took 2 steps just to turn it off.

With the toggle button on the workout screen, you can just tap it to turn it on/off on the fly. And not scrambling around trying to open the menu drawer then choose resistance.

4 Likes

I moved your comment under an existing feature request topic with the same basic goal. We group them whenever possible, to keep more of a running list vs having several independent topics with the same idea.

1 Like

Thanks for this! I’ll pass along to the team.

1 Like

I’m a little confused by the comments above. Is there a quick key for MacBooks now? I’ve been turning erg on and off a lot in Zwift recently and would like to do the same in TR.

I don’t have a Mac, but believe the ‘T’ key is the quick “Trainer mode” switch like it is for Win PC. It’s been there for years (although it was ‘M’ for “Mode” back in the old days).

The majority of the comments above are about the lack of a fast option for the mobile app (Android / iOS).

1 Like

Thanks! I’m one of the luddites who only used Erg in the past, but I’m trying hard to ween myself off!

1 Like

Hi, I use TR on an iPad and would love to have two simple buttons on the front training screen “ERG” & “Resistance” where one is clearly highlighted, allowing you to easily switch to the other e.g before/after a hard sprint effort

8 Likes

I moved your post under the one that covers Mobile apps (to include the iPad).

1 Like

I second this!

Think it can be even simpler than that, Join and Zwift just have a single toggle button, if Erg is off, Resistance is on

2 Likes

Yup, here is the Zwift one for reference:

3 Likes