Early Access to iOS Beta: Updated TrainerRoad

Will this new iOS release allow you to change workouts to outdoor via the app?? Would love that option to be available and not have to login on laptop to change a workout to outside!

3 Likes

The beta does seem to allow that- shows calendar of scheduled workout, open it, switch to outdoor.
At first I think I was lost in the UI (no obvious “save” or something) but my workout went to my Garmin for outdoor riding.

1 Like

Excellent! Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Ran the new version with my Tacx Flow and all worked perfectly. Trainer was detected as a smart trainer without any problems. Also as already said, all the screens seemed to be faster than the previous beta version.

Felt that the new power match kept me closer to my target than the old software. Was only doing a light workout so will be interesting to see if this continues with the high intensity intervals.

1 Like

My Favero Assioma Duo are still doubling power in workouts. When switching back to the old app everything works fine.

2 Likes

I updated the app through Test Flight and it seems that the “load workout” button on the main screen does not work. You have to hit the workout graph. I have a video but cannot upload.

Otherwise, things are much faster.

1 Like

Tried the new update and too slow compared to the regular version and went back… again

1 Like

I have done two workouts so far. One yesterday morning and one today. Both on iOS 14 but today’s workout was on the new version of the app.

Yesterday was flawless, no problems whatsoever. Today however the screen went to sleep many times throughout the workout starting at about 20 minutes in.

1 Like

@Pete
Running the latest beta. Outdoor workouts are no longer an option in the app??? I loved this feature to push workouts to my garmin. Also my outdoor workout used to show up as a double workout, today my completed workout did not show up in my calendar at all. It just shows the workout I completed.

1 Like

I’m not sure that the “pencil” icon at the bottom of the screen is an intuitive way to get to inside/outside workouts and/or scheduling the workout. It’s the same icon for adding notes to a ride. A tad confusing UI/UX.

If you don’t want to keep those items at the top, like on the website, maybe add inside/outside and a calendar button at the bottom?

2 Likes

It’s still there - just hidden. Go to the pencil icon at the bottom of the workout. Click on it and it will take you to a window to pick inside/outside and to schedule the workout.

1 Like

Found it but that is terrible. I’d much prefer the way it was prior to the latest update.

1 Like

There was a twitch on the screen after changing a planned workout from Monday to Tuesday. How can I upload a video?

Added some photos but the highlighting isn’t as clear

image|235x500

1 Like

So are all testers using just the iPhone, or have we ok with the iPad yet? Assuming iPhone only, I just miss my big screen. But I have liked the new beta so far.

1 Like

Noticed this glitch when I was just clicking on to see some rides I had done. I force quit and that resolved it but just thought I’d post what I saw in case it is an issue

1 Like

Iphone but honestly it is not a huge leap above the production app at this point. I understand it is beta just has a long ways to go.

1 Like

I have two workouts scheduled for Tuesday - Carter and Jacks+3. I deleted Carter on the ios app. However, after saving, the app deleted Jacks+3 instead. So basically deleting the wrong training.

Somehow then this auto-correct after a few minutes - see the screenshot.

1 Like

Seeing two posts after a completed workout. After quitting the app and reopening, alls Looking as expected.

2 Likes

I don’t like Mondays… .but the new beta app really, really does. Workout this morning (Tuesday 22nd) and before the workout the app was convinced it was monday.

After the workout… the app is still convinced it’s monday.

I’m BST if that’s any help (and it’s currently 11:46am, workout was at 6:30am)

1 Like

Update to above. Navigating out of the Calendar, and back into the Calendar view refreshes, and the app thinks it’s Tuesday. But if you don’t do that it really likes Mondays.

1 Like