Early Access to Android Beta - Updated TrainerRoad

Haven’t posted in this thread in a while because my experience has been nearly flawless and I haven’t had any issues to report. However, I did a ramp test this week, and I ran into the black screen error like I had before. I had to clear the cache and storage of the app to fix the issue. Worked flawlessly after that. Still running it on a Google Pixel 2 XL with the latest version of Android.

Hello,

HW: Samsung SM-T810
App Version: 2020.36.0.92044
Trainer: Wahoo Kickr 2017

I joined the beta testing group about a week ago and my experience has been great. The beta is very stable in my environment but there are a couple of things I have noticed. Other than my list below, I like the cleaner-looking UI and it seems more responsive to fluctuations in the metrics.

1. In landscape mode, the Summary at the end of the interval covers the instructions. More of a UI issue and easily dealt with by switching to portrait.
  2. I use ERG mode and have power smoothing set to 5 seconds. It doesn’t seem to be using the value.
  3. There seems to be a disconnect between the app and the trainer that lasts a few seconds. Target power begins to spike but as my cadence naturally begins to slow it seems to reconnect. I observed this on the production version also and it is much better on the Beta, but still occurs.

Cheers,

I’m marked as a part of the beta program on Google Play store but the latest update that is showing for the app is January 27th and the version I download does not have the train now feature. Can anyone else confirm what the latest update shown for them for the beta app is?

It is showing as version 2020.36.0.92038, is that the latest Beta that should include TrainNow?

Latest update was about 1 hour ago…

When I got a update some weeks ago the function to save the notes was working perfect. But somehow last week I got the same problem again as I mentioned earlier.

1 Like

Hello,

HW: Samsung SM-T810
App Version: 2020.36.0.92048
Trainer: Wahoo Kickr 2017

Updated yesterday to the latest beta.

This is the first issue I have experienced since I joined. on the last interval of Brasstown, while using ERG mode, the power just wouldn’t reach the target while maintaining the cadence I had been maintaining for the workout up to that point. I had to switch to Resistance mode in order to finish the workout.

On another note, after calibration, in the production version, a popup appears with the resulting values and the “Calibration Successful” message. The beta doesn’t display the values, just the message. I find seeing the values useful since on a couple of occasions the first value, I can’t recall the name, but in my case, it is usually 40726, wouldn’t be that even though the calibration was successful. On those occasions, being the anal-retentive person that I am, I would recalibrate, and sure enough the second time I got the 40726. In short, could you put those values back into the message?

Cheers,

The application does not work properly in split view mode. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 with Android 11. Each time you switch the window, change its size, the training is stopped or even exited.
The previous version of the trainerroad application worked fine.

1 Like

Sometimes my screen switches to this view with bigger font size and no graph of the current interval. I haven’t been able to replicate it. Sometimes it seems to happen when I accidentally hit my phone with the towel?!

@Pete After failing my VO2 workout on Thursday, I went to replace next week and the week after with easier variants, but I found there is no option for choosing a variant of the workout prescribed that day. Is this something missing from the current beta build or is it a result of Plan Builder being more rigid than previous plan options? Obviously once AT is implemented, this will not pose an issue any longer, but in the interim is my best option to simply delete the workout for next week and replace it with a variant instead?

I accidentally swiped out of the app during a workout. When I tried opening the app back up it show the circle of loading then went black. I tried re starting my phone still the same thing. Had to un install them re install, then it worked.

Just downloaded the Beta app on my new Samsung S21 Ultra and noticed a sizing issue with one of the intro images. The screenshot is attached.

Since running into this issue of not having variants available, it appears to be showing now. I’m not sure what the bug was at the moment I looked, but I had closed the app entirely since then, didn’t clear cache or storage and it showed up.

I’ve got this issue too. Also on the 92038 version. Did you find a way to get it updated?

I had to go into Google Play > My Apps > Updates and update TR. Even though I have auto update turned on and had redownloaded it a few times, it never prompted or gave me the update. Once I manually found it, no issues.

I never got around to joining the beta but my TR App updated a few days ago and I’m on the new version. Is the new App now in production or has it just been moved into open beta?

Open beta right now. I think.

I had the old app and then i went in the play store to unjoin and rejoin beta program and the beta version loaded up

1 Like

Using my Note10 and Wahoo Kickr, I encountered several issues 1) not picking up cadence 2) when switching music on Spotify lost connection with kickr 3) text not scaling to fit screen

Is Version 2021.6.0.92048 the latest with “Train Now” included ?

is there a different Beta version with new “Adaptive Training AT”?

*48 is the latest open beta for android, this is available in the playstore when you agree to use the beta. It includes Train Now (as a tab under workouts).

AT is closed beta, not sure if it requires a different app, or just a switch on your profile, you have to sign up here: Adaptive Training: The Right Workout. Every Time. - TrainerRoad. But I guess the list is long, not sure how many are in yet.

1 Like

oki, i already signed up, only want to know, if there will come a different beta version to install since in the past there was a prob with different beta versions (Playstore VS TR Versions).

mean leaving beta from TR and Playstore, rejoin only Playstore and so