Early Access to Android Beta - Updated TrainerRoad

It seems odd to assume that a user who has a Favourite workout would start with that workout, then decide what day to do it on … rather than see an empty day, then want to decide what workout to schedule. If you have the ability to mark favourites, why not make it an option in every place where workouts can be selected or filtered?

2 Likes

@wysbf2

Absolutely agree. It’s a strange thing to think otherwise.

That’s a no brainer

@wysbf2 @GeorgeAnderson

Thank you both! :slight_smile: I’ve shared your feedback with the team.

2 Likes

@Geoff Thanks it just synced so it just took a while. It also now is showing a more realistic TSS

1 Like

Switching tasks during an active workout session still crashes TR after the update. Moto X4, Android 9, TR 2020.36.0.92034

Repeated syncing / resyncing error on finishing workout. Hasn’t pushed to Strava an hour later.

Display kept trying to switch from landscape to portrait mode despite lying flat on a table in front of me. Had to pick it up and rotate it back at least 6 times.
Samsung S20.

1 Like

No Week count in the calender view

1 Like

I used the beta app today and it was perfect. I did however notice that the cadence tracer line has now gone.

1 Like
3 Likes

37 seconds from splash screen to finishing syncing.

The little slide to mark a workout (yoga in this case) as complete doesn’t stay slid across when you initially mark a workout as done… it goes back to not done.
However if you then go to the calendar it is marked as done with the green tick & if you go into it, the slide button is in the done position & now green.

1 Like

Where to start…
2 attempts to get workout to load (Microbursts variant). Had to come all the way out of app each time as it froze.
Finished workout, got this…

Luckily the workout appeared as done in the calendar but had to resync to send it to Strava.

So on to the 2nd session (Carbon) it loaded as this

Like everything had shunted sideways, it was in portrait picture is whole screen width.
Power meter dropped connection several times in last 10 minutes Ant+ but didn’t drop from Wahoo Element Bolt recording miles (because TR doesn’t). The last time it dropped I was thrown right out the app & had to enter user name & password.
Workout had finished itself and was marked as done in calendar. Recommenced workout & finished the cool down.
App crashed again syncing to calendar but was there on reopening it.
Samsung S7.

1 Like

The app has logged me out and wont let me back in again. It says “logging in” then takes about 45 secs then doesn’t log me in but the notice field is blank. I can’t do my workout :astonished:

1 Like

I’m new to this and trying to get the beta program. I received an e-mail that says I can go to the play store and select “I’m in” for the beta program. For the life of me I cannot seem to find where this is. I read the first 100 comments and I guess others had this problem originally but can’t seem to find what the fix was

1 Like

Had exactly the same issue… on about the 10th attempt it said I was no longer subscribed to TR yet they took the money yesterday…

Back in on ~15th attempt
Not annoying at all!

2 Likes

@GeorgeAnderson @Aquazepp

Apologies to both of you. There was a brief (~1 hour) outage on Saturday which is the likely source of these problems. :frowning: Hopefully you’re no longer running into this behavior.

1 Like

@Geoff @Pete Not sure if this a feature request or something missing from the beta app but at the end of a ramp test it would be nice if you if you could adjust the target power % or set the resistance, etc… if you choose the extend cool down function. I wanted to do like 10-15 min of like endurance but no option to adjust resistance / target wattage. The button to adjust % exists like it does for all other workouts but doesn’t allow you to change the percentage.

1 Like

End time not displaying fully. In this case showing 17.2
Ie last digit missing.

Also the white area to the right only displays on Samsung S20 it is not there on S7, S9 or A10

1 Like

Had another mid-workout crash today. That makes thrice now. Two times after I left the app open/foreground overnight on my (dedicated) tablet after my previous workout. The third time I did 2 different workouts back-to=back, and the 2nd session had the crash.

I had another crash on a custom workout (one of the University of Toronto study workouts, possibly relevant to @SpareCycles :grimacing:). The workout got to the end of what I think was technically the “warmup”, and crashed after I heard the “next interval” beep. When I restarted the app, the workout had been saved, and I was not prompted to resume.

Moto X4, Android 9, TR 2020.36.0.92034

1 Like