Do 2021 UK crit points count towards upgrades this year?

Any know definitively whether placing in the points this year will accumulate points for category upgrades (UK Crit racing) this year?

Thanks

Afaik races after 17th May in England can have ranking points. I’d assume that once you can actually get ranking points, you’ll be able to accumulate them to change category.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Anyone really seeing many races in the calendar? Some midweekers popping up but seeing minimal weekend races (only time I can race). I find it slightly strange given the league I get emails from are saying they’re turning away >50 people for each category.

I think/hope some organisers are just holding back a bit until there is firmer guidance from government and/or British Cycling. Got an email from the organiser of a midweek crit I’ve entered later this month saying they’re still not sure what field size they’re allowed so can’t confirm the format yet. Current guidance is max 30 people per event, they’re expecting that to increase. I guess for a midweek crit you can make it work with 30 rider fields by keeping the races to 30 minutes and running multiple races concurrently. But for the weekend events where they typically have higher costs and longer courses (=more marshals, signs, etc) they maybe need to be confident of being allowed bigger numbers to make it work.

1 Like