Deals / Sales / Discounts for Cycling "Stuff" (2018-2022)

Any go to places for clearance bike frames? I have an Ultegra 6800 rim brake groupset that I wouldn’t mind redeploying for a designated climbing / fondo bike. Thus, an out of year model isn’t that big of a deal since more “innovation” is around the aero side of things. I have no urgency, so I can wait for things to drop in price and my hope is that rim brake bikes will be in less demand than disc ones.

Competitive Cyclist running their Memorial Day sale. Lots of kit discounted. Picked up Assos
Equipe bibs at 25% off.

1 Like

Sram GX AXS upgrade kit 10% off at amazon

2 Likes

20% at biketiresdirect SRAM GX Eagle AXS Upgrade Kit [00.7918.104.000]

1 Like

Its showing as full price for me

Might be a gold member deal?

Maybe, or potentially this code would work for non gold members (haha, goldmember)?

MEMDBB

1 Like

Rapha Pro Team Bib Shorts $215 (Reg $270)

https://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/mens-pro-team-bib-shorts-ii-regular/product/PSH04RG

2 Likes

bummer, would pounce at that price but promo doesn’t work for me. How does one become a “gold member”. guessing just based on past order history?

Yeah, it doesn’t take much. Probably a couple hundred spent I think?

So tempting to get a Rapha training kit to test side by side with the Assos kit I JUST bought… but crap that’s a lot of money to spend in a week….

I was on the Rapha site looking for something different and ended up buying another pair. Everyone has a favorite, and these are mine. It might hurt a bit when it comes time to pay the CC bill, but I’d rather buy these at this price than anything else.

1 Like

I think I just want to try the Assos stuff first and if it’s great I just load up on that (which I can generally get cheaper, too).

I think it’s based on having a couple orders. If you reach out to their customer service people, either on the phone or chat, they will usually be able to offer you the deal anyway. They have always been really accommodating for me.

One note about BikeTiresDirect. Sometimes they will let you order, but the item is back ordered. I’ve had a cassette on back order since LAST YEAR.

In getting my GRX-810 group, I got about 2/3’s of it from biketiresdirect, and of that 1/2 was backordered. It did all come through in the end. Some things kept getting extended. I wasn’t in a hurry though. It’s nice to get the 10% back in points, as that made many of their prices comparable with eBay, but through a more established retailer. Everything came boxed too, so proper retail stuff.

But yes, if you need part x to get riding with now, then be very careful to check if they actually have stock.

1 Like

Yea they allow back orders, that said, they don’t hide the fact that it’s back ordered.

Well…I don’t know that I’ll praise this policy. See, they say it’s back ordered 2 weeks. And in two weeks they say it’s back ordered 2 more weeks. And in two more weeks they say it’s back ordered 2 more weeks…

I understand we have shortages and logistics problems, but it’s hard for me to believe that 6 months ago they thought I would have the cassette in 2 weeks. And have continued to think that every 2 weeks since then.

From what I understand is that most retailers (in this COVID/post-COVID times) have no idea what’s coming and when. So the 2 weeks is just based on best information.

BikeTiresDirect screwed me on a few orders with infinitely delayed back orders. Buyer beware. They’re legit but only depend on them for in stock parts

1 Like