Deals / Sales / Discounts for Cycling "Stuff"

The TR guys say to get in 20g protein immediately after a workout.

Just bought a bag off of this recommendation. No pressure. :laughing:

1 Like

A lot of the drinks that have 20g of protein also have many more total calories. Ultragen is 320 cal. Just do two servings of the Skratch if you need that much protein.

But the amount of protein after depends on your protein intake throughout the day. Getting the sugar back is most important.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much the opposite of what the TR guys say

Hmm. Well, I’m going to correct myself and say I might be wrong based on this blog entry, but it’s odd to me because for so long on the podcast they have said over and over to drink 20g protein immediately after the workout because of the window. I admit I’m now confused. Timing Your Recovery Drink: What and When to Drink - TrainerRoad Blog

There’s a thread floating around about 4:1 carb ratio that’s a good read with some good input from experts (not me!). Some good metas and studies have talked about protein timing, too. Not unimportant, but less impactful than replacing sugar/glycogen.

/threadjack. :slightly_smiling_face:

Cant wait to try the horchata. If good it might be my lighter day recovery with Ultragen on the hard days.

3 Likes
1 Like

I think this is an area where more recent studies have caused a shift in the recommendations. I’ve noticed the same change. If it matters, I still do the 20g right after, mostly just so it’s not something I have think about getting over the next few hours.

2 Likes

I ordered some of the Raptor bibs mentioned up thread and got them last night. Wow…so nice I’m really digging them. I’ve always had some of their jerseys which I like quite a bit, but I’m sold on these bibs now for sure.

My weight is trending down so I anticipate that the XL I purchased might not fit as well in another 20lbs, debating whether to get another set of bibs in L this time…

2 Likes

The material on those Raptors is really great. Glad everyone is enjoying their products cause USPS seemingly lost mine :disappointed_relieved:

The Stratos has the same chamois except with a little more perforation/ventilation and different material without compression fit

2 Likes

Update:

He’s not wrong.

3 Likes

That’s how I feel about their green tea energy chews. The line between ‘energy chews’ and ‘fruit gummies’ is already pretty soft, but damn those are delicious.

3 Likes

It’s awesome when you find things that you actually want to take in during or after workouts instead of just tolerating them.

• I buy bags of mini stroop waffles off Amazon and devour those things.

• This horchata flavor from Skratch

• Tailwind’s salted caramel recovery drink needs to come back like… NOW.

3 Likes

Super random thing I discovered once: The gluten free honey stinger waffles are practically indistinguishable from the non GF ones by taste/texture, buuuut they aren’t sticky, so easy to open while riding and don’t cause a huge mess.

2 Likes

When you buy them for your rides and just eat them as snacks on the couch :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

It takes will power… for sure. I keep them on a high shelf out of sight.

1 Like

Might have to try the high shelf. Mine are in the garage for trainer rides. Which leads me to going back and forwards from the couch to the garage.

2 Likes

IIRC, the horchata packaging has a message that says something like “We know this is good, but don’t drink it unless you earn it.”

1 Like

I know there might not be too many people that use GNC or this product, but it’s on sale for those who may want to try it. $7.99 for a 1lb bag of GNC Pro Whey Protein.

https://www.gnc.com/sale/flash-sale/

1 Like

EndurElite is having a BOGO sale through 3-2 Use BOGO50 at checkout. I like their Perform and Sustain specifically.

Best Supplements for Endurance | EndurElite

1 Like