Deals / Sales / Discounts for Cycling "Stuff" (2018-2022)

I currently own a Wahoo Roam (after owning a 520 and 830), and I have the same upload issues you mention, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. That’s just the way it is with Wahoo I guess.

The better workout interface and battery life of the Roam is worth it IMHO.

Had 2 bolts, One was stolen and the one I’m using never had an issue with syncing other than connecting a speed sensor

1 Like

Wonder if this is an Apple and Android divide? To me Android was an afterthought for Wahoo and a bad one at that. My impression is that QA at Google wasn’t that tight and Wahoo being Wahoo (who doesn’t have a QC/QA program to speak of) capitalized on it. I might be over generous to Apple in the days past but it’s definitely not the only show anymore.

At least for my android device no issue in the last 2 years with 2 different bolts. Also zero issues with the speed sensor and HR strap. But I have to admit that most of the time I sync my routes, outside workouts and rides via WiFi.

My Bolt issues were all on iPhones (6s and 11).

Yeah, Android here, and no issues over the past 2 years with my Bolt.

Apple has been re-securing their Bluetooth after Facebook and a number of other players have been using bluetooth to uniquely ID users wandering about the world. This is an issue internal to the devices and external to the phone OS (Bluetooth beacon marketing). Android is doing something similar… but only so Google has the upper hand.

Here is FB throwing a very embarrassing fit publicly about not being able to covertly track your every move https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/12/16/facebook-apple-idfa-ios14-small-business/

You now need to re-allow all apps and devices to use BT, and there is a separate permission for BT in the background.

6 Likes

Has anyone purchased from “PowerMeterCity” before? Do they ever offer discount codes etc?

I purchased a 4iiii single sided Shimano power meter from the site, and would buy from them again. Can’t speak as to discount codes though

2 Likes

I also bought my Power2Max from there last year. I did that because at the time they had a 10% off code for new customers. No issues with them, fast shippping, etc. I never had to talk to their customer service though so I can’t speak to that.

Yes they’re great… Bought twice Stages from them.

ITK10 believe should get you 10%, not sure if you have to go direct through “in the know cycling” which BTW is great resource.

Can someone explain to me what bike computers do that a smartphone can’t? I recently dropped $300+ for a Element Bolt and I just don’t really see the point. It’s an inferior package to an iPhone/Samsung in any respect other than “aerodynamics” and battery life. I’m really surprised how Garmin, Wahoo etc get away with charging so much for their stuff. Apple/Samsung need to put them out of misery.

Lots of reasons why a bike computer is superior to a phone…not least of which is the potential for damaging / losing your phone in a crash.

But you can enjoy the exchanges in this thread and reach your own decision.

6 Likes

Dude!?@#$%^&*&

You beat me :stuck_out_tongue:

A rather lengthy and spirited discussion on those lines:

3 Likes

11 Likes

5 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Computers vs smartphones - myth busted

I moved the phone/computer comments into the other thread to keep this thread cleaner.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Computers vs smartphones - myth busted

$10 off at roadid.com. From their email:

Code: 104FRIEND75 (can be used multiple times - so feel free SHARE on the socials)

Not So Fine Print: Please hurry as codes expire on Sunday, Jan 10th. These gift cards may be applied on orders of $14.00 or more.

1 Like