Deals / Sales / Discounts for Cycling "Stuff" (2018-2022)

Is this a good wheelset? I am a complete newb

Specialized has a bunch of their stuff on sale on their own site. MTB tires, helmets, and shoes all deeply discounted.

2 Likes

What sort of riding do you do?

NBA League Pass is on sale until the 29th.

Great trainer entertainment for the basketball fans amongst us.

“NBA50”

3 Likes

Mostly loops in central park in the morning (spring - fall) and a long ride on the weekends (60-70 miles typically). In the winter, I’m mostly riding Zwift

If we could only get guys to quit resting

1 Like

And being injured. I’m not ready for a Lebron-less NBA, but there’s some fantastic young talent.

Following Steven Adams is a great excuse to enjoy watching Ja these days.

I agree. The young guys and the new style of play is exciting. Last week the warriors rested 4 starters vs NO. Then 2 days later I was ready to see the Warriors play the Clippers and the Clippers rested 3. The stretch run will be good.

1 Like

If you aren’t planning on competing, you don’t need to spend much. You’ll find a bunch of good wheels used.

If you have a bigger budget, I’m a big fan of HED wheels or Flo wheels. Boyd and Hunt are good wheels too. Zipp annd ENVE are in general way overpriced.

2 Likes

zipp have a big discount on a few wheels that make them pretty competitive in the market.

Anybody see any deals on weight lifting gear? Like barbells, plates, or kettlebells. Or power racks. Trying to build up a simple setup in my garage.

Wright Fitness has some fairly good deals. I have their Next Gen Bar and it’s a solid piece of equipment and tremendous value compared against Rogue or other premium manufacturers. Wright also seems to have some good deals on plates, too.

1 Like

This thread has cost saved me a ton of money in the last week!

15 Likes

50% off means you can buy twice as much right? :grimacing:

10 Likes

Think of all the money you’re saving!

2 Likes

Cost-saved should be a word. You can make it a budget item: “I plan to cost-save about 100 on bike stuff”. It’s like spending $600 dollars but the emotional satisfaction of a $700 item

3 Likes

Boyd Cycling is having a one-day 25% off sale on 11/28. https://boydcycling.com/

Picking up a wheelset myself

This rocker plate is on sale for $150 US, and in stock:

TR Forum Review thread is here.

3 Likes

https://7idp.com/

If you need some mtb gear 7idp has a 40% sale. But it’s only worth it if you spend at least $100 to get free shipping. Their shipping was $23 if you didn’t spend $100 which is annoying

No link, but canyon has a couple hundred of some Grizl models, and $800 off an xc bike.

1 Like