Deals / Sales / Discounts for Cycling "Stuff" (2018-2022)

I havent used them in a long time, but I have buy components and clothing from them with no issues.

1 Like

I went with Specialized S-Works Recon in wide. It still wasnā€™t wide enough, but compared to the Shimano RX8 it was a bit better. Thereā€™s a bit more flex in the upper which makes it feel slightly wider.

After a year of the Recons, I picked up a pair of Bont Vaypor G in ā€œAsian Fitā€ which has a wide forefoot but narrow heel to reduce heel slip. They fit better than both the RX8 and Recon and definitely wider.

Itā€™s often said, but Bont and Lake are probably the top brands who make properly wide shoes.

2 Likes

If you are not going to wear the ā€œwideā€ shoes that are not quite wide enough, then just take some tin snips and cut slits on the top of the toe box to expand the shoe width where you are experiencing the hot spots. I did that with my (not-so-wide) ā€œWIDEā€ Specialized Torch 2.0 and they donā€™t look great but they feel good now.

Worth noting that with the current state of the global markets and the strength of the USD buying from overseas vendors and paying shipping is extremely appealing right now. As are trips to Europeā€¦but thatā€™s a whole other topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just picked up a pair of S-Works 7 shoes 40+% off. Theyā€™re sold out of white ones, the there are a handful of sizes available if you like black.

S Works 7 Vents in white in some sizing are still available. Just picked up a pair last week.

Iā€™m 42.5 in Sidiā€™s. Best to go 42 or 43 in the S-Works?

I donā€™t know. Iā€™ve been wearing the same pair of Gaerne shoes for so long the markings have worn off. I just YOLOā€™d it and ordered a pair of 45s since that matches my non-bike shoe size.

I googleā€™d around a little and it looks like most say SIDI fit is on the small side, so a 42 S-Works would be the right choice. Unfortunately while I was googling the 42 sold outā€¦ oh well!

Still showing sizing in both white and black. But if its the non-vent youā€™re after then might be SOL.

1 Like

If anyone is near a Backcountry physical store, it looks like they have everything on low key super sale - maybe just the Chicago store. Everything is at least 30% off except bikes. Think about things that never go on sale like electronics and car racks, itā€™s on sale

1 Like

Isnt backcountry located in Utah?

1 Like

I feel like I remember QVC bought them out a while back

1 Like

They are putting physical stores out there. The Chicago store is loaded with fresh merch and gets and 1/8th of the foot traffic of the REI hidden 1/4mile down the road with a selection thatā€™s a step lower (how much lower are Co-op brand bikes than Yeti?)

3 Likes

Was able to get the vented in White, so thanks for the heads up. I founded the non-vented in black at another Specialized dealer online for the same discounted price and ordered those too. Hopefully they fit well. Most of the authorized dealers have the same sale price but sizing availability is really variable.

For those with the white vented ones, are they tough to keep clean?

2 Likes

I havenā€™t gotten cleats on mine yet but Iā€™ve read theyā€™re not easy to keep clean so Iā€™ve preemptively sprayed them with anti water spray 3x already.

what was other specialized dealer site? Iā€™d like a pair of black onesā€¦

I found the black non-vented in 42 at https://www.rub.bersoulbicycles.com/. I did have to pay shipping though.

There are a bunch of dealers though that carry them but certain sizes are tough. It looks like Amain has them in stock in 42, which is interesting, because they didnā€™t a few days ago when I checked. They have free shipping.

1 Like

Garmin extended the motion plate rebate for new Neo 2T purchases another month.

1 Like

Garmin Forerunner 955 solar version is currently 25% off at Amazon ($599 down to $450).

4 Likes