Deals / Sales / Discounts for Cycling "Stuff" (2018-2022)

1 Like

Thanks for the link!

UPDATE October 2021: Shimanoā€™s 12 speed road drivetrains were announced recently for their Dura-Ace R9200 and Ultegra R8100 series. These 12 speed cassettes will fit on wheels and trainer freehub bodies as long as theyā€™re 11 speed Hyperglide freehub bodies.

Now the question is: does the H3 come with an 11spd Hyperglide freehub? I assume the answer is ā€œyesā€ but Iā€™ve been unable to confirm.

Yup, the Saris stuff is a standard 11s HG FH.

1 Like

Damn I had to buy that my Taxc S has been on its last leg for a while and now my GF can finally train with some power. My gravel bike is a 12 speed sram mullet. Can I use the eagle chain on a 11 speed shimano?

Yeah, there are a few places I have seen it mentioned that you can do decently well with that combo.

1 Like

3 Likes

H3 successfully delivered :tada: :tada: :tada:ā€¦and a riding buddyā€™s as well.

It is not too late to get one. Another buddy ordered one today and the code is still active.

11 Likes

My wants is telling me to go for itā€¦
My needs is telling me to hold and rather get a 955!

4 Likes

I still have an original gen1 (2012) kickr and shockingly havenā€™t had a single issue with it. Iā€™d still have probably pulled the trigger on this deal if I didnā€™t also have an InsideRide E-Flex that I donā€™t want to have to replace with a different rocker as part of the upgrade.

1 Like

Nice!

Iā€™ve had to replace the bearings in mine 3 times, with the exception of the on behind the free hub ring that I canā€™t get out. So that one bearing has a lot of time on it. I finally replaced the belt recently because it started skipping (additional tension didnā€™t help). The new belt didnā€™t help the skipping unfortunately so must be worn cogs. Only skips on low inertia high power stuff though. Strava says I have 24k ā€œmilesā€ on it so definitely got my moneys worth.

1 Like

Ok, I finally hit the submit button. My H1 is getting along nicely after all these years but this deal is too good to pass up.

3 Likes

Iā€™m getting mixed results when looking for this but you can or canā€™t put a 12 speed cassette on the H3?

Yeah, my H1 has served me well for several thousand hours with only a belt replacement. I feel like it can go into a well-earned retirement, but itā€™ll be nice to have as a back-up if there are any issues with the H3.

You can. When you check out Saris will ask you if you want to buy the 12sp free hub.

Quick clarification - That freehub option is for SRAMā€¦.If you are running Shimano 12 speed, you donā€™t need it.

1 Like

Right. 12 sp Shimano fits in 11sp Freehub

Also nobody has 12sp Shimano in stock so moot point lol

I just got Ultegra 12 from Excel Sports about a month ago and it was still available a few days ago. (ETA - just checked and it is still available)

It is definitely out thereā€¦.

1 Like

Well, the Saris H3 deal worked a little too well for me. Told my wife about it and that we should order one to replace our Kickr Snap. She said it was a great deal and to get one for her tooā€¦Dohā€¦now we have to revamp the pain cave to accommodate both of us riding simultaneouslyā€¦This thread always ends up costing me a lot of $ā€¦

17 Likes

If sheā€™s anything like my wife, she would explain how since itā€™s ON SALE, you saved money by spending money!

5 Likes

Funny, she definitely went thereā€¦lol

2 Likes