Deals / Sales / Discounts for Cycling "Stuff" (2018-2022)

Solid $999 deal on a used set of carbon 650b wheels - Santa Cruz Reserves. I have these and they made a huge difference in my ride. Santa Cruz Reserve 25 Carbon Tubeless 27.5" Whee | The Pro's Closet - super light, DT 350s.

This might be a bit specific, but if anyone is looking for women’s road bike shoes: https://sport.woot.com/offers/giro-raes-techlace-womens-cycling-shoes?ref=w_cnt_wp_3_61. They also have a bunch of other giro stuff on sale including socks that match the shoes.

1 Like

Thanks for this!
My wife will be so happy

Rapha is having a 25% off sale right. Snagged a few core bibs as those never go on sale. Love there stuff.

2 Likes

Awesome! Glad I could help.

3T updated their Bergamo Hospital Fundraiser where if you buy an exploro/strada you get a free wheelset.

could be a local option as they’re willing to offer the deal to LBS (whom they said to just contact them) but looks like a good option if you’ve been eyeing the Exploro.

3 Likes

$50 CASH BACK

Purchase an ELEMNT ROAM in the month of April to be eligible for a cash back rebate.

4 Likes

Tailwind Nutrition offering 20% off (in cart) on Endurance Fuel and Recovery through April via their online store. Doesn’t show on their Amazon store.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up on tailwind. Use that all of the time and bought some when they had the black Friday deal.

1 Like

I love it. Simple.

Is this deal too good to be true? $599 for refurbished Garmin Vector 3 pedals. Is this site trustworthy? Seems suspicious.

don’t know, but if price is a big factor to you I’d consider the Favero Assiomas. They are built like bricks :+1:

1 Like

That’s a bold claim, and I think contradicted on various occasions across this forum (from memory and no search to confirm).

But considering it has the same basic communication methods as other power meters and trainers (all of which can suffer from a range of comms issues in modern environments), I suspect that claim is not realistic.

I have had my eyes on the Assiomas, but my girlfriend says I have to wait until December. I just took advantage of the above deal on the Elemnt Roam. So that’ll need to hold me over until then. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve had mine for very long time and they have never let me down, which I didn’t expect since they are basically the cheaper option here in Italy. I had Vector 2s before and I can’t say the same about those. Of course my previous post was hyperbolic and related to my previous experience. So basically this is just my 2 cents 'cause I’ve beaten them around a lot and still match perfectly with my trainer.

If @mcneese.chad has different advice I’d trust his experience over mine.

Dropouts were the symptom of the batteries moving around in the first iteration of the vector 3. Any new pedals are fine as they fixed the problem with a revised battery door design. Refurbished pedals may not have been retrofit, but regardless Garmin was doing a free battery door replacement. So in the end, it won’t be a problem.

I offer no specific advice other than I dislike absolute statements along the lines of “always / never”, hence what I quoted. In this world, claiming that something won’t experience a problem seems too much. None of us can offer such guarantees, especially when examples to the contrary are within common reach.

5 Likes

I agree, I’m editing the post just to avoid creating any confusion.
It was rethorical, I would have never thought that someone would take that literally :thinking:

Thank you for the good call!

2 Likes

They are 100% legit. Same people/store as Westernbikeworks.com. I’ve ordered multiple times and they are great.

3 Likes

I just ordered some enve 5.6 disc from them. They are authorized dealer and confirmed directly with enve cs and also on there website as authorized.