Deals / Sales / Discounts for Cycling "Stuff" (2018-2022)

We have 2 of the RAD desks and really like them. I can’t compare them to Wahoo’s in use but seem fine.

My main complaint is that at max height it doesn’t quite clear the ends of my tri bike aero bars. I am 6’3 and have the Zipp Alumina Bars with notable rise, so probably just a “me outlier” problem.

For what it’s worth, I think the height spec on Wahoo is the same anyway so likely the same issue for me.

Close to pulling the trigger on the eflex from InsideRide for my motion “solution”.

Also, at the right price a fenix 6 may be totally worth it but I’d guess the 7 is coming in early next year (Jan?). Of course new features are unknown so if you find a 6 with features and price you’re happy with go for it.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I have the cheap bottom of the line Rockr Lite and am perfectly happy with it. I could afford something nicer, but have never really felt the need. You do need a riser for the front wheel too, so if you don’t have that, it’s an additional cost.

1 Like

I had heard that the paramedics bring the helmet with them so the hospital can see where the impact was. I dont know how regularly they do that though

3 Likes

Thanks. That’s more like it!
I watched a few videos and I might try making one. I’ve got 2 decent sized plywood pieces left over from a project in the garage.

1 Like

Is the “suspension” in the ROCKR POD LITE inflatable balls like some of the home-brew options? If so, do you need to re-inflate them periodically like tires losing pressure?

It’s intriguing but I wonder if I’d get annoyed at re-inflation if it is needed and too frequent :slight_smile: I generally forget to reinflate my front tire as it is! lol

The Rockr Pod Lite includes inflatable springs. They can be used, but are not necessary in all cases. The curved rails actually self-center with the use of gravity of the rider and bike, so you can use them with no springs. I prefer this as it gives a more active and lighter action that feels better to me at least.

Even if you use the inflatables, the springs are generally inflated to low pressure and only leak very small amount. When I use them on other rockers, I only touch them up about once per month, the same time I am cleaning and lubing my chain.

Edit to add links to my review comments in the related thread:

1 Like

Good deal on cheater’s style Racing running shoes (with carbon fiber plate)

https://www.runningwarehouse.com/Saucony_Endorphin_Pro/descpage-SMEPMS6.html

1 Like

For others benefit, I did buy mine after reading his reviews and chatting with Chad and the owner of Rockr. I’m not sure what he means above by “springs”, but mine has two of these “pods”, not the balls. I keep them at super low pressure and haven’t put air in them in months. To be honest, I wouldn’t even use them except they help keep the whole system from “walking” around.

1 Like

I use “springs” or “leveling springs” as a broad term for the range of foam blocks, steel springs, inflatable balls, balance pods and any manner of compressible support used to “level” the rocker plate.

1 Like

LOL…those are just mini-bosu balls. You can order them on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Fasmov-Balance-Balancing-Hedgehog-Stability/dp/B07PJ4KZZ3/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1OXZSLS7C6MYU&keywords=mini+bosu+ball+pods&qid=1636408801&sprefix=mini+bosu%2Caps%2C251&sr=8-7

1 Like

Garmin Canada has a sale on. The 530 is tempting, but I won’t be riding outside until next spring, so I wonder if a 540 will be coming out next year.

1 Like

I got my Garmin 530 from BikeInn

Shipping is around $13 and they also use CanadaPost which means you are much less likely to get digned with any extra duty fee’s.

Only caveat is that shipping takes forever (2-3 weeks for me).

Garmin USA is also having a sale including $50 off the 530/830. In addition $50 off the Varia.

Yup, Garmin has started its fall sale. Available through Garmin and (probably) all authorized retailers - REI, JensonUSA, and others. The Edge 1030 plus isn’t part of it this year :cry:. I was waiting for it to go on sale again…

Any suggestions on some good bib shorts? I need to replace my set of them (maybe buy 4-5). I love a bargain but don’t know what brands are good. Mine are many years old ‘Gore Bike Wear’ with regular padding (not gel). Thanks!

Check out the current Rapha Archive sale. I’m a huge fan of their Classic Bibshorts II (which they no longer make) and this release from the archive is a steal at $60 off. https://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/mens-classic-bib-shorts-ii/product/BSS03RGDNW

1 Like

See if Le Col has any challenges going on Strava….you usually get a $60 discount code, plus an extra 25% off. Their stuff ends up being very affordable….think I pad ~$105 for their Pro shorts last month ( normally over $200).

Then they kept sending me more codes / discounts so I have gotten a LS jersey, SS aero jersey and a Knee / Arm / Leg warmer bundle super cheap since then.

2 Likes

Zoic.com is having a sale. MTB clothing and such.

They are now $99!

2 Likes

Heads up! All the Wahoo KICKR units have been added for 20% off, as well as Garmin Rally power meters. Full listing here: Sports Tech Current Deals & Sales

In a nutshell, I wouldn’t wait long. Historically speaking for this particular sale, things magically go out of stock within about 6-8 hours, and don’t come back in stock till a few hours after the sale ends.

13 Likes