Deals / Sales / Discounts for Cycling "Stuff" (2018-2022)

So much sale right now at Clever Training. 20% off one item. You get a Kickr! and you get Vector Pedals! and you get a Neo! and you get Stages!

All the details are on DC Rainmakers blog https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/11/trainers-meters-including.html

If you were thinking off upgrading your equipment for the winter, now is the time.

10 Likes

just went to Clever training and don’t see that the trainers are 20% off…when does sale start? Are you sure that kickr’s will be included…most of the sales at other sites exclude wahoo trainers…

1 Like

You have to use the VIP access, described in the link posted in the OP.

“In this sale, each Clever Training (CT) VIP member is given a coupon code (FALLVIP) that’s good for 20% off a single non-sale item including all trainers and most power meters. It doesn’t matter if that item is the Tacx Neo 2 trainer, Wahoo KICKR 2018 trainer or the CLIMB, the PowerTap P2 power meter pedals, the new Polar Vantage series, or Oakley aero helmets. Your choice, but it’s only available to CT VIP members. I explain how to be a VIP Member below.”

The sale is members only, but it’s simple to get started:

1. Pick out the item you want to buy and add to cart (see below list as a starting point)
  2. Add the Clever Training VIP membership to your cart
  3. Add VIP members-only coupon code (FALLVIP) upon checkout to save 20%.
  4. Enjoy gadget!
2 Likes

Does this forum need a policy for posting such deals before it becomes a spam problem?
Should there be a tread for nice deals around the web? How do we keep people from posting referral links?

1 Like

I think Garmin products (Vectors) is generally excluded here, and unfortunately the Favero as well. The normal VIP 10% should work though for those.

Now I just need to keep myself from buying something that I don’t need :slight_smile:

FWIW, they usually have a very similar sale in April or so if that helps anyone’s decision making.

This seems like an issue that can be handled on a case-by-case basis by the mods.

True. All Garmin, GoPro, Fitbit are excluded and Favero Assioma, Quarq/SRAM and Neo. Shame.

so now my delema is… do I get a new dual ANT+ BLE pwoermeter (4iiii’s) so I can run TR on my iPS device. Or do I get a Tacx Vortex so I can have a controllable trainer?? (Using a standard fluid trainer now)

Maybe get the PM and sell my Vector 2s pedals and then buy the trainer? lol

1 Like

Thanks, I’m going to use this to put my training into stealth mode. I love my setup but I do feel guilty about neighbors having to listen to the whine early in the morning. With cohabitation looming on the horizon and a fiance who loves her sleep my noise won’t be welcome. At 20% off and selling my current one this will be a relatively inexpensive loss of dB’s. :blush:

3 Likes

No problem, I’m happy this was useful for you.

Kickr’s are definitely included, I pulled the trigger on the Kickr 18 myself today because of this discount. As @mcneese.chad points out, you need to sign up for the VIP membership. If you use the link on DC Rainmakers page, you get a discount on that too - it’s just $4.99 for life and it goes to charity, so all in a pretty reasonable deal!

4 Likes

Thank you!

Yeahhh, I understand that sharing deals is rad and that Ray made that blog post because he’s supported by Clever Training, but I want to make sure the forum doesn’t get overrun with these kinds of “sale posts.” If people post referral links those should be marked spam, and should these types of posts become ubiquitous, we might have to crack down and request they be contained to a single thread. :wink: All that said, I do love a good deal and it’s great when we can refer users toward an equipment upgrade that fits within their budget.

2 Likes

We should at least consider making a Black Friday deal thread.

1 Like

Shall we just rename this thread to something like “Deals” thread or similar, and make this the dedicated & single location?

1 Like

Done

1 Like

FYI, Nashbar is running a 22% off sale on everything (not including sale items) and it’s not limited to just one item.

I think I’m going to finally take the plunge on some rollers.

1 Like

Rei has 20% off one item for members starting today. Picked up a kickr core for $720 plus tax.

2 Likes

The Clever Training sale works out $100 cheaper for me compared to the REI deal. No taxes, no oversized shipping and next day delivery (ordered yesterday at noon and I got it today). If you live near an REI that has stock some you could get it more quickly and save shipping cost, but taxes would still get you.

2 Likes

Yes to this! Just picked up a 3T Aeronova LTD on a BF sale.

1 Like