COVID Vaccine Shots and Training

Getting my first dose Monday afternoon so I plan to do an easier endurance ride Tuesday rather than a higher intensity session. Hopefully all goes well

I got my 2nd dose of AZ yesterday and thankfully I have barely reacted to that. My arm is a bit stiff and I might have a mildly cloudy head. My RHR this time has only went up 1-2bpm (it went up 5-6bpm after my first dose). I have an FTP test tonight but I might be lazy and skip it and watch the Euros instead. I could go out for a short session at lunchtime instead :thinking:

I’d vote for not doing an FTP test. Had my second AZ on Saturday, spend all Sunday with a bad headache, but felt fine on Monday morning. Did 45min of z2 with bursts last night and am still feeling it today! That session shouldn’t have took it out of me like that. Think even if you can do the ftp test, you might do more harm then good. The immune system needs time to react to and get over the vaccine.

Off course, everyone is different and there are plenty in here that seem to have had no effects and just carried on training as usual.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve already hit the idea of an FTP test on the head and I think I’ll give any notion of an w/o a miss for the day too. I don’t feel bad this time but there’s something lingering annoyingly there and maybe if I did push I would feel bad and in the longer term I don’t think it would be productive.

1 Like

Interesting after my second dose I felt ok at first then lethargic and tired for about a month. A few others I mentioned this to said they felt the same.

Sounds like my first dose. I don’t know if it made any difference but I seemed to sleep better after the 2nd. I do have a lingering feeling (not quite a headache but there) and whilst I do feel up to some activity I don’t want to aggravate it. Lol, shouting at the tv will probably be enough aggravation :rofl:

The night off seems to have worked my RHR is back to normal and the sore arm has disappeared after 2days.

35Y M, first Pfizer dose a few days back. Sore arm, and nothing else. Normal resting heart rate, no other effect whatsoever.

Hopefully the second shot is equally tame

39M had my second dose of Moderna on Monday evening, now Friday afternoon and still feeling good! Arm is still a little sore to the touch, but other than feeling “off” or tired on the Tuesday it was all good again like the first shot. My wife and I both got the “Covid Arm” rash about 6-7 days after the first shot, with my wife’s being much worse. This time it came the next day and again very mild for me and quite bad for my wife–mine is gone, but hers is still lingering.

2 Likes

The average dude here. I got my vaccine on friday am. Felt ok most of the day. The. Towards the end hit me. But mild

Saturday is going things went bad for me. Feeling a bit fatigue and just minor headache decided to do my threshold workout. Big mistake!. Towards the end felt like crap but finish my workout. Despite felling bad felt acomplished.:grimacing:

The by mid day had fever, tons of fatigue, and really bad headache.

Then Sunday felt much better. Did my SS workout towards the end of the day almost of my symthoms went away

Monday did an outdoor workout. Tons of motivation and legs felt super good

I thought I would follow this up with my 2nd Pfizer (6 days ago). Even though I had virtually no side effects from the first one, I had moved a recovery week forward by one week, so the vaccine fell in the middle of it - just in case.
I’m glad to say that I had a similar experience to the first jab - a slightly sore arm at the injection site for a couple of days. RHR was unaffected. I did a recovery workout the day after with no problems. I did a level 7.3 Sweet spot workout yesterday with no problem.

Follow up here too: 2nd Jab 2 days ago (Sunday). Felt fine that day, slept ok (conversely to my first dose) was completely spaced out all day Monday. Fatigue, brain fog, just felt out of sorts/not with it. Again slept fine, got up this morning and smashed a VO2 workout. Feel great.

Got my 2nd dose of Pfizer yesterday and felt fine yesterday, I did a sweet spot session this morning since I felt ok this morning when I woke up other than a little tired but now I feel shot. While training my rpe was a elevated and my hr was about 5 beats higher than normal but now after training I feel very achy, exhausted and feverish, had I felt like this when I woke up I would have done things differently

Got my second shot of Biontech/ Pfizer yesterday. Exactly the same condition as with the first jab. The shoulder felt like I fell on it … which is basically the same symptoms I had when I got a tetanus shot 3 years ago.
This was most prevalent during the night.
Also, yesterday during the day, I was pretty tired.

Besides that: Nothing. Today, I did an easy ride and was all fine.

Any consensus on which one seems to have the least amount of side effects?

2nd shot with Moderna yesterday morning. Similar if slightly less symptoms than after the first jab: a bit tired in the afternoon and as said above “the shoulder felt like I fell on it”; this time I had no impairment in moving the arm higher than horizontal though.

Today easy yoga in the morning and Tallac +2, 90 minutes sweet spot with PL=6.5 instead of the 1 hour Venado +1 (PL=7.5) that AT had scheduled in the afternoon. Quads and hamstrings hurt a bit in last two intervals and it certainly took more (mental) effort than Tuesday’s Geiger +2, which is very similar, so I rated it “moderate” instead of “easy”.

Getting the jabs in a neighbouring village meant getting them 10 days earlier than at the nearest location; both times lovely weather so a very nice 25km bonus bicycle ride :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah felt similar in the arm after Pfizer (only had my 1st shot on Sunday). Not fatigued, felt rather normal the days after.

Sent my bike with a courier to my holiday destination on Sunday so having had a few gap days without the bike until flying out I’ve been running and rowing. Especially rowing strokes haven’t been affected at all, so physical exercise despite soreness in the arm seems to work fine. :v:t3:

Got my 1st Pfizer shot a few days ago (woohoo finally :tada: ). No side effects other than the usual pain in the arm. Did Warlow +1 the next day. No issues. Ok I did only 4 out of the 5 sets, but that was mostly for time reasons :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Second shot of moderna yesterday. Feeling wiped out with headache and mild fever.

1 Like

32y/o M, Pfizer. Had my first shot a little over 24 hours ago. Resting heart rate and HRV are perfectly normal, I feel fine aside from a really sore shoulder at the injection site. Just to be safe I took yesterday off and did a 1 hour workout at recovery pace today. Will resume normal training tomorrow.