COVID Vaccine Shots and Training

2nd Moderna shot yesterday. 12+ hours later nothing to report except the usual sore arm from the shot. Did Taylor -2 this morning with 40 minutes endurance tacked on. Power was good, legs felt good, and heartrate was where its supposed to be at. Now heading to work.

2 Likes

The UK policy is still 2 shots, even if previously infected. I have no idea as to the rationale for that.

1 Like

Well after Friday afternoon’s AZ vaccine and a few hours of dizziness on Saturday and blacking out etc. A low tempo 50miler on Sunday and a recovery day yesterday, I felt back to normal today and given the sunshine I slotted the outside version of Carter into my diary.
My HR seemed a couple of beats higher than it should be but nothing uncomfortable or unstable :+1:

Screenshot_20210413-144931_Chrome

Ive got Spencer +2 tonight and will probably do that also :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Second shot yesterday.

Arm is a bit sore, slightly worse than the first shot.
Wife was feeling like shit, and I was feeling a bit sore early morning.
Feel much better now, but already had in my mind that i was taking the day off (recovery week anyway).

1 Like

A new age group has been opened up in the UK so I managed to get myself booked in for Friday :smiley:

Now I have hastily reorganised my training and done a hard brick this afternoon!

Swimming before the jab…then a short recovery run that evening? We shall see…:thinking:

2 Likes

I got my Pfizer shot maybe four hours ago, it was the first dose. So far I feel fine don’t have any pain in my arm or anything. I am tired but I slept like :poop: with anxiety thinking about getting this vaccine. So far so good I will add it if anything changes. Hopefully the second one isn’t a doozy!

UPDATE: Morning after feeling a little out of it, had an easy z2 ride, was easy but a little higher RPE. Definitely not a significant change in normal feeling maybe little extra tired today.

1 Like

Moderna #2 about 6 hours ago…nothing to report. Maybe a bit of soreness from the needle, but that is it.

:crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes

First Moderna shot yesterday afternoon, 49yo male, no previous COVID. Sore arm at injection site starting about 2 hours afterward, peaking that evening, and now (27 hours later) improving. Had some sweating while sleeping last night, but slept well, and didn’t feel feverish or have chills, but I didn’t take my temperature. My oura ring didn’t report unusual temperature, HRV and resting HR improved, as I had some rides and heavy hardwork on the weekend. Respiratory rate was slightly up last night but well in the normal range. I was a bit more tired this morning than I would have expected given my sleep, but nothing really unusual there.

2nd Moderna shot this morning at 9am. Around 5pm the aches started. It’s not terrible but no way could I ride today and I’m planning on tomorrow off. Just hoping for a good night’s sleep. We’ll see

I get the second Pfizer dose tomorrow. Going to take two days off and then evaluate how I feel Friday in terms of training

Felt fine all night last night…went to bed around 10:00. Woke up at 12:30 and could not sleep. HR was jacked about 5 bpm higher than normal…felt like I do if I do a hard ride in the evening.

Finally dozed off around 4:30…back awake around 6 and slightly achy. Pretty mild so gonna pop a couple of Tylenol and lay low for a bit.

Pretty mild overall…mostly tired from being awake all night.

2 Likes

First Moderna yesterday at 9:30 AM (was supposed to be JNJ, but obviously things changed)

Sore arm starting around 2 PM, still persisting now (9 AM the next day) - not bad pain

Resting HR was 2-3 BPM higher than normal last night (33 overnight low instead of 30 or 31), but sleep was as normal. No other symptoms

Did 90 minutes endurance (0.63 IF) this morning, HR on the bike was same as always

I’m in that age group 45-49 and had mine 2 weeks ago 31/03… it just depends where you live (the area I live in is the most advanced in the UK). I was suprised yesterday when I heard they had only just opened up the next group.

No sore arm or issues for me in the first 24 hrs, didnt even feel them do it. I had AZ. Didnt train the next day even though I couldnt tell I’d had it.

24 hours later and a really bad headache, HR was almost double (racing all night) could not sleep.

Only managed 45 minutes Z2 training the next 3 days then ended up being off work for 3 days… sooooo tired.

Took about 10 days to get back to normal although I suspect it was more than the vaccine… maybe I picked up a cold or chest infection or something… I was coughing a lot, probably coincidence.

1 Like

I was okay first 24 hrs.
Wish my RHR only went up a few beats.

36 - 48 hours later my went from 36 to low 60s but suspect it was something other than a response to the vaccine. I was going to go to hospital the next morning but it started to return to normal… was plus 5 - 10 for a few days.

Wow, that is surprising to me - I am not aware of anyone else who has had such a delayed reaction to the first shot. Hoping I don’t go down that path! However, since we got drastically different shots it seems unlikely

Wife had a VERY bad day yesterday after her second Pfizer.
I was not great (generally tired) but not as bad as her. I decided to take the day off, since this is rest week anyways!
I do have a swollen lymph nodes on the arm pit.
Its not super painful but it does hurt when i touch (and for that reason, I do not touch it!)

HR was slightly elevated today, but nothing major…
Wife is feeling 100% better today

2 Likes

Definitely got worse last night had chills sweats and shivers and didn’t really sleep well. was achy pretty much all night. Felt tired when I woke up but starting to feel better as the day goes on so it was bad but really short lived. this was after the second Moderna shot at 9am yesterday. 54-year-old male

Just wish I had a vaccine in sight, probably months off still! :frowning: Hope all you lot are feeling alright after yours

Got my J+J on a wed morning, did an hour of tempo outside (power everything was good) got home and felt like i was fighting a cold and had chills and a slight fever. That night my HRV was low and my resting HR was slightly high but not that bad, and i was at 99 degrees thoguhtout the night but otherwise slept ok. Next day the same and took the day off, by that evening felt good but still had a slight fever. Rode Z2/3 for an hour the next 2 days (fri and sat) and felt fine.
Raced on sunday and PR’d the course (gravel event 50 miles). Just wanted to give everyone my experience with the J+J

1 Like

Same demographic, 54 yo, and I feel same thing with the Pfizer vaccine. Got my 2nd shot at 9am yesterday. I am a couple weeks into SSBMV2, and yesterday was Bluebell, which is kind of painful anyway. Felt OK during the late evening workout, but by bedtime I was toast. I was achy and restless all night. Fatigued today. Today, I basically feel like I rode 80 hard miles in the sun yesterday on one bottle of water! Hopefully short lived symptoms. EZ day spin today, Petit or similar, and I might just take a full day rest.