- Try all the ftp tests to find out which one calculates the most accurate figure for you. This is the one that gives the highest number, often the ramp test.
- Do this test again while fresh. If there’s a bit at the start to deplete anaerobic power, go easy on that bit.
- Take this number and adjust it up by 8 %. 5% because you know you could have paced it better, and another 3% because you could have gone harder.
- Add 20% to this number to account for pro training and nutrition.
5. Take your weight when you were 20, and adjust down by five percent for the weight you would lose if you were a pro. (If you were fatter when you were twenty, take your lightest weight between then and now)
6. Divide power by weight round up to the nearest .2 watts per kilo. This is your ProTP
Could you have gone Pro?
Is your ProTP number bigger than 5.3?
yes? - congrats you could have been a pro
no? - round up to 5.3, congrats you too could have been a pro
Anyone that tells you differently is jealous and a liar.