Cannot change rides from outdoor to indoor for upcoming days [Resolved ✅]

Hello, I have a problem with the calendar view on the website. I schedule most of my rides as outdoor rides and do them when commuting to work. However sometimes I decide last minute to do the ride indoors, but the website does not let me switch form outdoor to indoor for rides in the next few days. For rides over a week away I have the option to change the ride to indoor, but even for an identical workout (like Shirley) I cannot change it for an upcoming ride.

For now my work around is to use the library to quickly add a new identical ride as an indoor ride.

Hey @markinderhees,

I’m really sorry to hear about the issues you’re experiencing with the Calendar, we hate when bugs like this take time away from your training.

Our Support Agents are the experts on this sort of thing, so I’d recommend reaching out to our team at support@trainerroad.com so that they can take a look at your account and help you troubleshoot this issue with you.

We look forward to hearing from you :slight_smile: .

1 Like

I’m having this exact same issue (15 months later!). I’ve just sent it to support, but if it’s been an issue for that long, I’m not sure what help I’ll get.

Is anyone able to change a workout on the day of from outdoor to indoor? I had scheduled today’s workout as outdoors, but we had rain and the trails were closed, so I decided to do it inside. I couldn’t change the workout on the calendar and ended up having to add a duplicate.

I have had workouts that I intended to do outdoors but ran out of time/ or the weather has changed and switched them back to indoors no problem. Perfect TR support can help you out.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback…are you saying you were able to do it on the day of? I can, and do, make the change days in advance, but when I’m getting ready to ride at 7am and realize I need to change it right that second, I can’t find a way to do it. (Unfortunately, support can’t respond or make the change for me in the moment. You need a few hours or days for the email back and forth)

Yip, I have been able to change it right up to the last minute. I usually use the PC app if that makes any difference.

1 Like

Interesting. I was trying in the mobile app. I’ll try on the laptop next. If it’s not in the mobile app, that’s definitely a big opportunity for improvement.

1 Like

On the web when you open todays workout, the option to do Inside/Outside is right there in the primary view, but in the apps, you have to click ‘edit’ to change it between Inside and Outside. Here’s how:
Jul-14-2022 16-37-05

Thanks Ivy. It wasn’t working in the app on the day of the ride yesterday, but I’ll try again tomorrow. If you look at my account, you’ll see I had to schedule a second ride Wednesday because I couldn’t change it.

It worked today! Not sure what happened. Maybe user error?

1 Like

There are a small number of workouts without an outside variant. Although this number is getting smaller - haven’t encountered any in a while.

1 Like

This was an app issue (or in hindsight maybe a user issue). I couldn’t change from the outdoor to the indoor version.

Glad to hear it! Happy to help.

1 Like

Hi Ivy,

This happened to me again today. I needed to change my outside ride to inside on the morning of the workout, and the change was not available. It was there yesterday, but not this morning (day of the ride). I ended up deleting the workout and doing a TrainNow suggestion instead.

1 Like