Can someone help me with Garmin Cycling Dynamics

Hi

I´m new in Vector 3, I came from Powertap P1S (Single) and I don´t know how good is my first ride, because I have a strange think, that I run in standing position alot off time, and the report is that I only make 2 minutes???Can you help me and tell me your opinion.

You’ve got a 51/49 balance, and only 1mm offset from center. That’s pretty good. Unless you’re experiencing specific discomfort, I’d leave well enough alone, and not worried about it too much. Looks like you could begin your kick a little earlier, but what you’ve got here isn’t bad.

1 Like

But for me the strange is the fact that I ride a lot off time in standing position, and the analyse say only 2 minutes, is possible that I have something not correct in settings??

1 Like

I suspect that the “standing” detection is highly variable and may well depend on a person’s “pedaling style”. I have not looked at files or info like this, but it is likely measuring and looking for changes in typical seated pedaling forces and cadences. I think the precise way you ride standing may make it easier or harder for the system to detect it.

1 Like

Sorry, I missed the standing issue in your original question. I don’t have any ideas about that discrepancy, though I suspect that your settings are fine. The sitting/standing percentages are based on inferences rather than direct measurements, so I suspect that the problem is in the Garmin software, not your settings.

2 Likes

I fail to see how being centered over the geometric centerline of a pedal is a “good” thing - that would mean that regardless of your hip geometry, your crankset width and your pedal spindle length, you are more efficient when applying power to a specific position on the pedal axle.

1 Like

There is a situation that I think, I don’t know if correctly, for almost 2 years I’ve been working with a Powermeter model Powerpod, which analyzed a series of values, even indicating how much was lost in seconds for not having a well-defined balance, and I trained a lot but a lot based on those metrics, and nowadays I can say that in terms of pedaling I have this very well balanced and I pedal without many oscillations.
Could this be the factor that prevents the analysis of the garmin software from detecting my position ??? who knows

I am only speculating on how the app picks it up, but I suspect that it is looking for a higher force and slower cadence. If so, smooth and even standing pedaling will likely “hide” as seated pedaling.

1 Like