Campagnolo Power Meter (4iiii or Stages Factory Install)

I like those, especially the “movi star” blue 12spd :star_struck:

1300.00 bones though, and they don’t fit 2021 Chorus…

A 5yr warranty is pretty nice…

Another resurrection but I just want to give a heads up to potential trainerroad users of these pm’s

My experience with stages have been ok but it was about 20 power meters ago. on shimano, as we all probably all know right side data is unreliable as it goes but that’s not just stages. It goes for all brands. Other than that, my relationship with stages has been ok. (used gen 2 and 3)

However i’ve used 4iiii extensively inside and outside with a lot of success. Over the years my trainer rides started taking a lot more of the percentage of my yearly rides (cold, wet, fires in summer, general hate of traffic and growing fear of horrible drivers in the new area i live in). I assume trainerroad users in general also ride on trainers a significant amount during the year too so I wanna mention one annoying thing about 4iiii that I’ve noticed.

Accuracy of the units and reliability have been amazing on leftside cranks for me but the data is VERY jagged compared to other pm’s I don’t know what causes it but when I use 4iiii as the main PM and let it control my smart trainer, I find that the trainer struggles a lot to find the right resistance. During ramp tests I find it goes harder than it should and easier than it should and back and forth. It’s not a HUGE problem but it annoyed me enough to swap pm’s.

Outside, issue is not really noticeable as I’m just looking at a smoothened power number. Even inside, the power averages and tracking overall averages into a very accurate, reliable number but in use, it can cause the above mentioned annoyances. These are my findings with multiple units (3 separate 4iiii pm’s) so just thought I’d share.

For all these reasons and being a campy rider now, I’m going with faveros. I’m sure srm is an excellent choice as well but price is HEFTY to say the least.

New Campagnolo power meter released: