Blank screen when opening workout [Resolved ✅]

Hi,

I cannot start my work out on PC app. Just get a blank black screen after trying to open it. Yesterday everything worked fine on the same PC & app…

Tried reinstalling, rebooting - nothing helped. Any ideas what could be wrong?

i have exactly the same problem today. Using Macbook and Direto elite with ANT+
NEED SOME HELP PLEASE

1 Like

I have the same problem…the following worked for me:
Start the app
Log out
Log back in again
Select and then open the workout

@TR Team: You need to fix this…else you going to have a lot of very frustrated customers!

1 Like

Removing TrainerRoadData folder in C:\Users[YOUR_ACCOUNT_NAME]\AppData\Local\ fixed my issue.

2 Likes

Yeah, this started for me today also. Support asked for some info after saying others have reported it.

This did not work for me :frowning:

I have uninstalled and reinstalled on MacBook and now working again.
This needs sorting or I fear lots of complaints…

Hmmm. Just opened a ticket with support as I’m dead in the water with the Windows app. Last week I would open the app to calendar, and when opening a workout I’d get a second blank window. Closing it and relaunching let me do a workout. Today trying to open a workout from calendar I get a single black screen. Tried closing/relaunching and same thing. Uninstalled and reinstalled, still no bueno.

1 Like

Having exactly the same problem on Windows 10. Have emailed support.

Edit: Deleting the TrainerRoadData folder in \Users[YOUR_ACCOUNT_DATA]\AppData\Local, uninstalling and reinstalling as described by @jvandewync worked for me too. Thanks a lot!

Double edit: Support recommends this solution too, until the issue is fixed.

1 Like

Here’s what support recommended for me. Working now.

We had many users report this issue today, and we’ve since resolved it on our end. However, some athletes will now need to delete a certain folder in order to start their workouts again.

Here are the steps for how we can clear TrainerRoad’s logs:

1. Open Windows Explorer and insert %localappdata% into its address bar, and press [Enter] .
2. Scroll down until you find a folder named TrainerRoadData . Open this folder.
3. Open " electron-Production "
4. Right click the " Logs " folder and click " Delete "

2 Likes

this worked for me as well.

Thanks to everyone who got in touch with support about this issue! A fix is on the way, but in the meantime, the aforementioned steps will help mitigate issues.

If that doesn’t work or if you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to follow up with the team at support@trainerroad.com !

As of late, I seem to get one blank screen instance and another instance that has everything as it should. Not sure if the issues are related.

Updated on MacOS and same black screen

Yes, that was my experience before it mutated (Covid humor? ugh…) and gave me a single dark screen.

Not sure if more details are helpful. I have tried to open a group workout as well. I can hear the sound from the other end, but I don’t have anything visible except the black screen.

I restarted program, then restarted computer, then I got the update prompt and restarted after update, then I uninstalled and reinstalled program.

I cannot find the files mentioned above for Windows on MacOS.

Uninstalling and reinstalling on MacOS and android fixed the issue for me.

MacOS Big Sur user here. Still black screen when trying to start a workout in the MacOS app

Hey all! Update on this issue: The fix that we released for this doesn’t seem to have resolved every case, so if you’re still experiencing this, can you reach out to support (support@trainerroad.com)? We’re trying to collect some of that app data for athletes still experiencing this to help our developers better understand whats going on, the team will walk you through the process of how to share that app data with us.

Apologies for the trouble, and many thanks for your assistance in helping us resolve this!

Sent an email earlier this morning to Support.
First problem I have tried this: (NB. Windows Explorer is now called File Explorer, but my computer does not find %localappdata%

2nd problem. TR is trying to download an Update but gets stuck at 45%. I tried downloading another App and this worked fine.

1. Open Windows Explorer and insert %localappdata% into its address bar, and press [Enter] .
2. Scroll down until you find a folder named TrainerRoadData . Open this folder.
3. Open " electron-Production "
4. Right click the " Logs " folder and click " Delete "