Avoiding the Virus

That feeling inside when you find out you’ve been around a friend who has influenza and everything he has touched is now contaminated. I’m cleaning door handles, everything. No hands in mouth. Staying away from anyone that even looks 1% off.

It’s only a matter of days…:roll_eyes::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Da-dum. Da-dum. Da-dum da-dum da-dum da-dum daaaaaaaa.

3 Likes

18 Likes

37 Likes

2 cases of the virus just confirmed here in the uk now.

Avoid the virus

Tip 1
Get the right amount of sleep every night

7 Likes

I’m pinning my hopes on 1) eight hours or more of sleep; 2) 5 servings of vegetables each day; 3) hand washing.

But, I’m also a public high school teacher. It’s really just all luck. Last year I did everything right and still lost four weeks to viruses in Feb-March 2019. Other years I have not a sniffle.

4 Likes

I work in the airline biz. I’m totally screwed. Just disturbing to see how unsanitary people are. The lack of hand washing after guys come out of stalls is shocking! I don’t get it.

8 Likes

I’ve been flying a lot recently and it’s abhorrent.

Honestly it seems like it’s as good of an idea to wear nitrile gloves in the airport as it is to wear a virus mask, and I’m not even talking about the coronavirus.

Seriously people, wash your hands!

4 Likes

Terrible conditions nowadays, I used to fly over 100K miles a year and it was better back in the early 90s. Hate flying now.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, my job entails being around a lot of politicians. Never shake hands with a politician (for reasons beyond the obvious).

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

12 Likes

For 15 years, I used to fly a lot for work, sometimes multiple cities in a week. I quit that kind of work a few years ago, and now travel only once every 3-4 weeks.

I’m sick (head and chest colds) way less now than I used to be. In fact, seems like the only time I get sick now is after travel (got the flu while traveling in December and it knocked me out for a week).

When flying, I use hand sanitizer a couple of times each hour, avoid touching as much as possible, and don’t touch my face. Helps, but can prevent everything. Eg when the flight attendant hands you that cup of coffee… who knows, maybe that’ll come with a 3-day head cold in addition to cream!

2 Likes

You could try Vicks first defence if it’s available OTC where you are.

Become a hermit.

4 Likes

Blockquote Get the right amount of sleep every night

Working full time with a newborn that is nocturnal, Welp I’m screwed!

1 Like

I bring alcohol wipes to clean the pull-down table, armrests and such on every flight. People look at me like I’m a Martian. I agree it’s certainly overkill, they get thoroughly cleaned at least once a year.

7 Likes

Viruses are the least of your worries. Mental health probably tops the list.

7 Likes

You’re smart to wipe tray tables down. You’d be surprised how little cleaning goes on in between flights. I will say this…the Mexican nationals that meet our flights do an outstanding job. Probably the best around the world in my experience. The American’s are probably the worst.

I fly the damn things and we wipe down the controls, handles and knobs as best we can with multiple wipes. The oxygen mask is the one piece of equipment that just scares me to death every time I don the stupid thing. I wipe it down as best I can but, it’s basically like french kissing the last 500 pilots who used it. :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :sneezing_face:

11 Likes

No, I wouldn’t be surprised at all. :nauseated_face:

As for the O2 masks - don’t trust those in the sims either, the dumb sim engineers toy with them all the time. Don’t ask me how I know. :smile:

2 Likes