Anyone considering GCN Race pass?

It was the best its ever worked for me; it buffered just once and when it did it resumed in the same place, I was watching it 30mins behind live, previously it had the habit of going back to start or to the live feed.

Stage 4 still not working on my app, either iPad or phone.

Has not worked all day on my laptop, but don’t have it home with me so don’t know if it is working on it now or not, but I kinda doubt it based on the app.

Pretty disappointed, TBH. Literally been 1#p2 hours and no way for me to watch it. At least it was a flat sprint stage, so no big deal…but basic functionality seems like it should be nailed down by now.

1 Like

Stage 4 replay is still not working for me on Android or FF on Windows. :frowning: Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

1 Like

Stage 4 replay isn’t working for me either - unable to connect to the server. Tried 3 windows PCs on Chrome and Firefox and Android app. Highlights are working.

In one good piece of news, they will have Oomloop this weekend. I thought I was going to have to go to corners of the internet to find what I needed.

1 Like

I’m loving the racing but only on Chrome, my android app buffers far too much regardless of connection type.

On a tangent @Brian_GCN if your stream uses DRM it isn’t stopping screen shots, again on Chrome.

Hopefully the buffering can be sorted since the racing has got me excited to ride outside soon.

To help reduce or in my case eliminate unwanted buffering move the footage back by 2 seconds from Live. This fully resolved the buffering issues I was experiencing.

2 Likes

I’m on android, but have never had issues with the racing, so I’m not sure what’s different. World of Cycling though, I always get buffering, no matter what I do. That’s been a “feature” since the beginning.

Signed up the other day to get the reduced rate for the year. Have been really pleased with the extended highlights, perfect length to watch during my lunch break at work. Can see myself watching a lot of racing this year!

2 Likes

Hi @Brian_GCN, I just wanted to say all my buffering issues have been resolved - both when casting AND using the new Android TV app. Thanks to everyone who’s been working hard to get this sorted. I’m really happy with it now!

That’s great news, thanks for continuing to feedback, it really helps us!

1 Like

Hi Brian, wanted to ask if your iOS app is iPad optimized? I’m watching the Paris-Nice ITT just now and it looks like the phone app and the resolution is all wrong for the iPad

Hey Nick, the app is not optimised for iPad no - we are working on this. The app will appear small on your ipad screen but if you fullscreen the video and turn your ipad to landscape you should get HD video that fills the screen - hope that helps!

A VPN and RAI / France.tv?

FWIW, this doesn’t work for me on my iPad (which is one of the new ones released last fall). It did once or twice, but now just goes “mid-size” on the screen. Not the msall iPhone size, but not fullscreen either.

Not a big deal as I usually cast the video to my AppleTV, but it doesn’t seem to work universally.

Does your iPad have a 4k screen? If so it might only size to 1080p so it won’t fill the screen. It’s a good point though, and we hope that we can get an iPad app developed in time! For now we’re prioritising smart TV apps

1 Like

Yeah, it is the latest iPad Air, so that is probably the issue. Like I said, I just cast / mirror the screen to my AppleTV so I am covered, but it is good to know the issue!!

FWIW I’m using a 10.9-inch iPad Air 4 (2020) - possibly what you’re also using - and I get full-screen in landscape mode.

Are you sure you’re pressing all of the available “full-screen” arrows? It’s a bit clunky but it does work (for me!) if the right controls are pressed.

Yep…like I said, there were a couple of times when it did go full screen, but now just goes to the “semi” screen.

Not a big deal…I’ll just continue to cast it to my AppleTV. That works great.

OK. This is what it looks like on mine anyhow - slim black bands top & bottom. Out of interest, is that different to the “mid-size” you’ve experienced?