Any Cycliq users?

I’m pretty close to you, just outside Reading.

I would say that I am satisfied with the damn things, knowing their limitations. Would I buy them again? I already did, so yes (I had an earlier model 12 that died, and a 6 that still works).

But, they are also kinda worthless. What I mean is, police around here give 0 fucks. So even with video, they won’t care unless you are injured. Even then, they might still try and blame you. I was assaulted by a couple guys who jumped out of their work van, and when the cops came out they asked what I did to start it. Yeah, I am a middle aged man riding my bike to work, down the street from my house, out starting fights with large contractor vans :roll_eyes:

But I have also known way too many local riders who have been hit and killed with no resolution. So if/when that happens to me, I am hoping the video helps.

The battery life to me seems fine. WAY superior to GoPro, and about equal to any other bike light I use. But you do have to be fairly smart about the battery life, you can’t just put it in high and leave it there. I use a low flash all the time (which is bright enough for all my riding). I turn the light off when not needed (bike path). And since they can charge while being used, I carry a couple small backup batteries that I use to charge them on my long rides.

My round trip commute is 2-2:30 hours and I charge every other day. I am always on the road so the lights are always on.

Started playing around with them all again. I am now running the headlight and Varia in auto for my commute (hour each way) mostly. I can manually put the headlight in night flash mode if I want for more battery life and/or better visual que. I did notice that the headlight auto dims depending on ambient light, which I didn’t notice before (maybe it did and I just didn’t notice). It goes into day flash automatically in daylight. The rear Fly6 I start and stop by hand and leave in the lowest light mode (light off) since the Varia is doing all the work.

Still wish it all worked better, but it is working.

I’ve had 3 Fly6 CE devices get water damage… none of them successfully connected to Garmin.

So frustrating that the only company making this product are so incompetent. They act like we should use them to protect ourselves but how can we when it’s not reliable? :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I’ve got a Gen2 Fly 6 somewhere, it worked well enough when I was using IIRC, but I prefer my Varia for instant knowledge rather than post knowledge which I may fester on.