Ant+ services broken after Android Update

My OnePlus6 came ready to go with Ant+. It had the 2 Apps installed and I’ve been using it with Ant+ successfully up until this latest update. I’ve just been notified that there is an OnePlus (* not Android) update available. Perhaps that may sort it.

1 Like

The latest update from OnePlus seems to have sorted the problem. Both my pedal and Stac have paired on my phone with Ant+. Hopefully they stay paired during the workout

1 Like

On the latest version of Oreo the permissions issue @NIKO described above has been resolved and the option is no longer greyed out, and I’ve been able to re-enable the “Use ANT hardware” toggle. This fixed it for me, so looks like it may be an OS version waiting hame.

For reference, I’m a OnePlus user and my phone on Oxygen 9.0.5 has the issue and on Oxygen 9.5.11 it is fixed.

2 Likes

@NickBracko That sounds good. May I ask you what Oneplus phone are you using? I had already decided that I won’t be buying another Oneplus since they can’t keep their systems working properly.

However now that I have been using ant+/BT belt and recent update to Kickr Core to get my cadense to TR as well then ANT+ is not that big of a deal anymore.

At least this will open more options when considering buying new phone.

I’m using a OnePlus 7 Pro, and was previously on the OnePlus 3. Seems solid so far!

ANT+ stopped working after upgrading to Android 10 on my Galaxy S10 in December. There are four different ANT+ system apps, but none of those have any permissions that can be changed/granted.

This bug sucks. I cannot use TR with my phone, nor can I pair my cadence sensor or Garmin heart strap to use with the Wahoo Fitness app for outdoor rides. I guess there are so few people who rely on ANT+, this isn’t getting any attention from Google and/or the phone manufacturers.

Try going to “Settings > Apps > ANT Radio Service > Permission > Additional permissions” and make sure “use ANT hardware” is enabled.

Good news guys. The latest Android update fixed ant+ support again.