ANT+ Issues on Android OS 10 Galaxy Devices

+1 - Samsung/TR ANT+ problem. My Garmin chest strap (ANT+) no longer working after updating Samsung Galaxy S10.

+1 Samsung / TR ANT+ problem. HRM and power meter not working. When I open another app, my HRM connects straight away

Weā€™ve finished testing a fix for this and hope to have it out in an update to our Android beta today. :slight_smile: Anyone can sign up for the Android beta program on the TrainerRoad application page in the Google Play Store.

EDIT:

The Android beta including this fix is now available for download.

4 Likes

If you use a Galaxy s10+, iā€™m pretty sure these are some of the only phones (there are a few others only) that support ANT+ natively, meaning thereā€™s a chip IN THE PHONEā€¦ so you might not need the dongle?!

I know i use my s8 directly without any dongles to connect to my tacx vortex, hr strap and cadence sensor.

But as they said there are known issues so thereā€™s that.

Thanks for your hard work / timely bug fix!

1 Like

App updated, Ant+ Garmin HRM & Tacx Neo successfully paired on Samsung Galaxy S10.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Completed workout and Ant+ was stable throughout.

3 Likes

Beta fix works for me on S10+

Thanks!

1 Like

I have the same issue with my new phone Samsung s10+, before with Samsung s9+ everything was working correctly with ant+.

So when are you gonna update final version with working ant+ software for new android and Samsung phones ?

The fix is already in our Android beta if youā€™d like to join the beta program.

We do not release our betas to production until we have a large enough ride volume on them that we can be fairly confident we are not introducing any new bugs to a larger set of our athletes. :slight_smile:

Here are instructions from Google:

1. Open the Google Play Store Google Play|autox18.
  2. Find the app you want to check (TrainerRoad in this case) and tap it to go to the app detail page.
  3. Look to see if the app detail page mentions a beta version. Make sure you scroll down as this information could be at the bottom of the page.
  4. If itā€™s available, tap Join and then|autox18 Join .

From there, youā€™ll just need to wait a few seconds and should be prompted to update TrainerRoad to the latest beta version.

After upgrading my S10 to Android 10, not only did connectivity between TR and my BKool trainer break, but I also cannot connect my Garmin heart strap or generic cadence sensor to the Wahoo Fitness app for outdoor rides. So therefore I thought it was an OS level issue, not an app issue. But seeing that the TR team might have a fix for their app makes has me doubting that theory.

Iā€™m going to try pairing TR with my smart trainer tonight, and if it works (and Wahoo still doesnā€™t), then I guess I need to log a support case with Wahoo? I wonder of the good people at TR would be willing to share the fix with the Wahoo app developers.

You may want to use a seperate Ant+ sensor such as IPSensorMan

Hi all,

Just checking if this update made it past Beta?
I seem to be having the same issue which I noticed when trying to connect both Zwift and TR simultaneously.
Thanks in advance

This update has been pushed to production for quite some time now. if you are experiencing a similar issue, I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team at support@trainerroad.com so that they can look into your particular case :+1:.