Am I Over fueling?

Just downloaded the app. This is soooo helpful. I am new at training and fuelling and am thankful to have this app to play with.

Will you be adding other solid foods in the app? Often I eat a couple of dates and/or banana with pb. Would be helpful to Know how these stack up and what “top up” is needed as a mix/chews/gels etc

1 Like

For now we’re allowing folks to add their own solids in the Custom tab of the Select Product screen. Add your dates & a banana!

Once you add those to the Custom tab, you’ll be able to add servings of that food item to any activity, and then top up with beverages, gels, etc, on the PREP screen.

@mcneese.chad I’m shooting you a DM about this conversation! Just want to make sure I’m not leading folks astray from the intentions of the forum here.

1 Like

yup, the app is great! looking forward to the upgrade payment,
what are the benefits @Dr_Alex_Harrison

2 Likes

I’ll shoot you a DM to avoid hijacking this thread!

1 Like

Please DM me the same. Used app for run this week and made big difference

3 Likes

It is about fueling the work.
→ More fuel on longer/harder rides
→ Less on easier/shorter rides

wow - 1 Litre for 3 hours seems a bit tight? were you taking on plain water too?

Yep, describes me, minimal fuelling required on rides up to 3 hours. Except it’s more than 20 years, more like 30 years now. The 8-12 hrs / week for decades describes anyone with a regular cycle commute. My cycle commute got me up to a minimum of 7.5 hours a week. Add in a Wed night social and Saturday long and you’re past 11 or 12 hours with little effort.

The challenge is remembering that when I go for a 12 hour ride, the minimal fuelling falls short.

Edit - actually my early cycle commute for first 7 years on mtn bike was an hour each way, which got me up to 10 hours a week just in that. Then social cycling on top of that base hours.

3 Likes

Truth!

I can’t find the app, but I signed up via the Google form thing and have had some emails from Alex…

Also I’m not an expert at all but I always believe even if it’s a placebo then it works. So if I feel better on quite a bit of carbs/sugar for a 60-90min interval ride then I’ll do it for the mindset even if it’s not an exact science. Some before, some during (half way through as a little treat) and some towards the end. Plus sometimes I do some weights after so it sees me through 40 mins of that too.

The workouts are hard enough so I don’t need any excuse to make them even 1% harder :sweat_smile:

And if I wasn’t on this forum I’d actually probably just have one gel per ride :rofl: