AI Training - Will it work?

How far along they are remains to be seen I guess, but I’m always impressed at TR’s ability to put out a clean product. Not that it is bug-less in every circumstance, but I’d be surprised if they released this without their usual prime-time readiness.

1 Like

As someone who works with a pretty large AI, and just acquired a large AI, I think this is an interesting start. The key will be to see how this evolves, what other information (e.g., sleep, alcohol, non cycling workouts/ rides, some measure of life stress, etc.) gets included in the future, and the key: an objective to optimize your training for.

For example: what should my training look like if I want to break 7 hours for the new full Levi’s Gran Fondo route?

1 Like

Nice analogy!

Great post and this sums up my thoughts. Sounds like they have a solid platform to build upon, and it will evolve and improve over time.

As they say “you’ve got to walk before you can run.”

2 Likes

Yep. Got to start somewhere. I’d love to see their product roadmap. Not something Nate is going to disclose however!

It seems that a bottle of wine with @Nate_Pearson should help you find out :slight_smile:

Might take more that that. Remember that one Beers with Chad episode? :rofl:

1 Like

Would be great to see some of the concepts from the following on fast twitch vs slow twitch incorporated

I’m quite happy to wait. We’ll all get a better product if I don’t get involved :wink::+1:

1 Like

I’ve been happier using a very different looking training plan (vs TR), so anything they can do to better accommodate different approaches will be welcome.

1 Like

Oh that would be super cool. I guess for the foreseeable future it will be the same buckets as the current training plans. (Crit, rolling road race, etc…), But this level of specificity would be pretty amazing.
(That be similar to stepping up from a flyer-on-the-gym-blackboard coach to world-tour coach :joy:)

I doubt it. The podcast and blog are already worth the 10 bucks I pay per month. :person_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

You nailed it. Ditto for your Dunning Kruger Alan Couzens reference on Instagram! :joy:

Until they factor in “all” rides it won’t work. Currently, the whole premise of this is whether you pass or fail a workout. Pass, progress to something tougher, fail stay on the same or easier. If I rode outside the day before and smashed some hills, this isn’t going to take that into account. It didn’t tell you anything about what you “should” be able to achieve. For me, as an xert and TR user I believe xert to be more aligned to me as an individual. (Although I can’t really say until I can try the TR AT) Xert takes into account all activities and is very accurate. However, xerts does not have the answer to how endurance rides impact you.

1 Like

They did mention that the goal is for the system to grade your outdoor rides and give you credit for the respective progression/effort and to have it factored in to the AT process as well but may be further down the pipeline

1 Like

They already said they are working on custom workouts and outside rides being incorporated

1 Like

:shushing_face: dont cross the streams

2 Likes

Agree… That was my point…it won’t work UNTIL they bring in outdoor rides.

1 Like

Jekyll and Hyde? :joy:

Unless you don’t ride outdoors like many of us. :sweat_smile:

1 Like