Adding 30/45 minute endurance/tempo time on bike

Before work I try to add 30 mins doing something, recently it’s been 30 mins of kettlebells but currently my workout space is a building site.

Other than the mental lift from getting going early just how beneficial is 30 mins of Z2 on top of my normal plan. One hand I think it’s going to help just adding wheel time, other hand 30 mins of Z2 isn’t really touching the side (or so it feels).

Lots to be gained from an additional 30mins of Z2 before work if you don’t think it will be taxing on top of what you are already doing:

• Improved Mental Focus and Productivity: as you mentioned, it leads to better focus, memory, and productivity throughout the workday.
  • Enhanced Mood: it can improve your mood and help reduce stress and anxiety levels, making you feel more positive and energetic.
  • Consistent Routine: Exercising in the morning can help establish a consistent routine, making it easier to stick to your fitness goals.
  • Better Sleep: Morning workouts can help regulate your circadian rhythm, potentially leading to better sleep patterns.
  • Metabolism Boost: it can jumpstart your metabolism, helping you burn more calories throughout the day.
  • Stress Reduction: it can help reduce stress levels, providing a sense of accomplishment and setting a positive tone for the day.
5 Likes

TR support is as fast, on point and helpful as ever!

Big thanks!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hugs: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This is very true. When I ride to work instead taking the bus I always get more done and my mood is much better. Shortest route is about 40 minutes Z2.

1 Like