Adaptive Training Closed Beta Update

Question for @IvyAudrain and team, does AT have a built in “hold” on adaptations when a Ramp Test is scheduled?

I’m in a rest week and would expect my workouts for next week to all adapt upwards. They haven’t yet, though I’m assuming they will when I get close/do Monday’s workout.

Good question, nope! You’ll be served adaptations every time you miss or complete a workout, and while AT does have foresight into the work that’s ahead and will adjust accordingly, it wont wait for a Ramp Test if it knows you’re falling short or knocking workouts out of the park leading up to that Ramp Test. AT WAITS FOR NO ONE. :rofl:
That said, if your chill/rest week consists of more moderate/endurance workouts, as long as you’re completing them and serving accurate survey responses: likely no adaptations. Keep it up!

3 Likes

I think this is an example of the problem of not having a centrally located thread from the staff to keep us updated. We are expected to go through several active thread just to try and get information.

Sure, when it is slow at work, I browse. But when I am busy, I don’t. And I don’t browse outside of work. So even when I do browse I don’t catch up on everything since there are about 50 fresh posts per thread per day.

3 Likes

There seems to be a slight disconnect between the TR app on my main tablet that I do my workouts on, and my TR account/the app on my phone. Both are Beta and AT, but the last few workouts when I’ve submitted my survey response on the tablet it hasn’t saved properly and I have to redo it (says missing response) on my phone.

2 Likes

There is a known to TR issue with saving survey responses that TR is trying to figure out.

For me, what I have to do is after filling out the survey quit the TR app, and then relaunch it. Once I relaunch the TR app, the survey response shows up basically immediately looking at the TR site in a web browser. This process is 100% repeatable for me, and not quitting and relaunching the TR app would mean I would need to leave the TR app open for 15+ minutes to get the survey response to sync - the 15 minutes is the low for me

1 Like

I’ve had a couple of instances recently where my levels on my phone app (Android), Web app (win10) and TR website, all showed different set of levels! All showed most recent rides and surveys completed.
I ended up deleting and reinstalling.

Yeah… I got excited for a moment. Went to Adaptive Training section in Profile settings, and nothing there :frowning: At least we know it is coming.

1 Like

Hello all again! Maybe I am using AT wrong, but this to me is not really so useful, despite having a lot of data entered. I would have expected TR to notify me saying I should an FTP test or something. How am I meant to know that if I were a lay user?

FYI: my VO2 is not that good trust me!

2 Likes

Any chance you are doing custom workouts?

If so, those can have very incorrect Workout Levels and might be one way to explain your PL issue (since they would incorrectlyinflate the PL values).

1 Like

Very true - yes I am doing that. OK, then I’ll hang fire then for the time being.

1 Like

Last couple of workouts have resulted in no adaptations with AT and my progression is a bit wonky. Thursday was a sweet spot that I rated moderate and today was a threshold workout I rated a moderate as well. The progression level rated on the screen as a negative but actually increased on the career page without any adaptations. I did flag support but they simply said ignore the negative numbers everything checks out. Anyone have thoughts on this?

2 Likes

A few, including myself, have seen the negative numbers on the workout thumbnail and web page but the PLs on the career page are different and presumably correct. A known bug.

3 Likes

I looooooove the adaptive Training. :pray:

I did hard intervals as an outdoor workout Yesterday.
Since the Outdoor adaption is not working yet (progression enhancememt and I guess then incorporating adaptions…)
Is there any idea how to fake it as an indoor workout? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I need my adaptions :joy:

The decreases showing on the calendar are a display bug that cropped up a few days ago and are not impacting your progression levels. See the recent posts on this thread: 🎉 🎉 🎉 Introducing Adaptive Training! 🎉 🎉 🎉 - #4002 by IvyAudrain. You can safely ignore the negative numbers on these thumbnails and continue on.

3 Likes

it is a bug - TR already know about it. It is referred to in previous posts above.

2 Likes

I’ve come across some workouts that seem to be incorrectly recognised by AT. Tempo workouts that give PL values credited to Sweet Spot. Is there a place to post these so they can be looked into etc? If the PL designation is correct then old workout descriptions describing them as tempo, and the purpose of tempo in training should probably be updated to suit…

It is a tempo workout, but is included as part of the Progression Level for sweet spot. This was confirmed early on in Beta by TR

2 Likes

Im confused, I did a 8.9 sweetspot workout and none of my future workouts were made harder. So just keep rolling with the 3.0 stuff that is super duper easy?

so was the 8.9 workout in your calendar as part f a programme created in Plan Builder? If not, you wont get adaptions from it - only programmes created with PL work with AT

1 Like

Gotcha. It was not part of my plan. The workouts were to easy so I thought doing a harder would bump them up

1 Like