Adaptive Training Closed Beta Update

I met the same problem, I thought it would readjust the length of the workouts before what I assigned as time-off. I guess it’s not interesting to change the workouts after this when you’re on a training plan as each week meets a certain training purpose.

Swim and Run adaptations! I thought they had stopped…but these are a little strange, so I’ve raised a support email.

One of the running weeks is shortened to 5hrs total, and the next is 5hrs10min so I’m wondering if they look odd, but make sense…but then there is a week with 7hrs20 running.

So after the long long wait I get my adaptive training invite but

The link is invalid

And at the time of registration trainer road would not accept the email associated with my TR account to register for the waiting list so I had to use an alternate email address.

So frustrated that after all this time I guess I will be back to the bottom of the queue and wondering why this delivery has been so frustrating as a very very long time TR user.

How very odd that your run adaptations are all over the place!! Some up, some down, some WAY down. Have you been skipping your long runs to drive them from 3hr to 45 minutes?

1 Like

Try going to your account clicking the top right 3 bars ( on the webpage) then scroll down and you should see “adaptive training” below the “early access” option. If that doesn’t work :man_shrugging:

Not really though I have had some race days with shorter runs when a long run is usually scheduled.

It seems the swim and run adaptations have all disappeared though, after I marked yesterdays swim and run as completed. :man_shrugging:

Adaptive training isn’t an option below early access

I suggest emailing support@trainerroad.com so they can make sure settings are correct on their side, and give you the best directions for the next steps.

I do know you need to follow the steps in the acceptance email before you get the AT actually “turned on”. So, if you haven’t done that, make sure to follow the steps in that email.

2 Likes

Hehe, I have the same problem!

I excitedly followed the link only to be told it’s invalid. Then I realised my “You’ve been added to the Adaptive Training closed beta!” email went to a different email address than the one I’m signing in with.

I tried updating my TR email address to the one I got the email to, but it still says the link is invalid. :frowning:

(I’ve emailed support@)

There is only one step in the email - click on the link

But the link is invalid

Not sure what I have failed to do here

1 Like

Same here.

OK, email support and see if they can sort it out.

Same here. Worst joke ever.

Customer support sent me a revised link which works!

Really grateful for this. It’s been a while coming but am rather excited.

7 Likes

Been thinking about AT and outside rides. AT has made some adaptations, and I’m assuming the PLs for the adaptations are based on where my current PLs stand. The challenge is when I get ready to ride a workout in my plan, whether adapted or as originally set by Plan Builder and then set it to outside, the PL and difficulty level change. For example, today’s scheduled workout is Collins Productive Endurance 4.8. However, when I set it to outside it shows as Achievable 4.1. Seems like that workout is no longer going to deliver the value planned by AT.

Any thoughts on this? Is there any way AT can be tuned to deliver the difficulty level outside workout without having to always check the PL of the outside version, use alternates to find one, and then recheck how the outside version compares to the PL of the original workout in my plan?

Good news: the fantastic people in Support sorted me out too \o/

Bad news: my progression levels suck /o\

1 Like

The AT access is obviously linked to the email you registered with when you requested access to the beta, but you registered with a different email to your TR account - its hardly the fault of TR that the link therefore doesn’t work!

I’m sure support will sort it for you but blaming TR when you didnt follow the instructions is a little harsh!

2 Likes

Updated my prior statement with a fresh pic too:

7 Likes

In this case, I would not worry about it. PLs are great for progressing zones that can have you on or near the edge, like threshold and VO2. But seems unlikely that you need a PL to tell you how much zone 2 you can handle.

I’m curious if how others have approached power discrepancies between power meters in regards to AT.

I recently got a new triathlon bike that has a Quarq PM. I have trained for many years using PowerTap pedals which also closely match the power reported by my wahoo kickr. I compared my power profiles between the Quarq and PowerTap pedals and the Quarq reported about 16w lower on average for my intervals in a recent workout. If I am doing the workout outside, how to I keep AT from thinking I failed/struggled with the workout?

2 Likes