Adaptive Training and excess recovery weeks?

I’m using AT and have my “B” race on 6/18 and my “A” race on 6/25. Adaptive Training has been wonderful, but I recently took 10 days off to attend the Boston Marathon (as a spectator) and a wedding. The two weeks I was first back are fine on the schedule (slight reduction in progressions as expected), but next week (5/9 - 5/15) is all recovery, the following week (5/16 - 5/22) is a ramp test and two workouts, then another week (5/23 - 5/29) of nothing but recovery rides, then the following week (5/30 - 6/5) is another ramp test and two workouts.

I can’t believe it’s supposed to schedule ramp tests 2 weeks apart like that, nor have 2 out of 3 weeks be recovery rides. Everything seemed to be proceeding normally before my scheduled break in training. And I had entered those dates when building the plan so they were in there from the start. It just seems pretty weird to me.

I’m using a plan from Plan Builder based on a 100-mile gravel ride on 6/25, Low Volume. Thanks for any help/ideas.

It’s probably best to bring this up with support.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea, don’t know what I was thinking of by not doing that. Thanks for the suggestion.

P.S. Love your username.

2 Likes

Thanks, it’s my real name too :slight_smile:

1 Like